1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Rumour: EA to announce Battlefield 1943: Pacific

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 5 Feb 2009.

1. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

If it costs like $19.99 you would still complain?

2. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

It'll be 19.99$ in 6months either way so yes :lol:

3. Gunblade

Gunblade The Frugal Chef

I am all for Battlefield Heroes and look forward to playing it but I am ten times more excited about this Battlefield: 1943 news!
    At first I was geeking out like it was the year 2003. Then I read these comments....

That is pretty lame about this being DLC, 3 Maps, and a limit of 24 players (so far). Already I am having flashbacks to cradling my copy of Battlefield Vietnam while the doctor put it to sleep. Nothing has matched the original 1942 game in my mind. I own it all but the console iterations of the series and 2142. So a throw back to 1942 just seems perfect; Why do they have to go and water it down?

4. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

Yes yes yes thank god bring some of the skill back to using tanks, hopefully get the artillery and scouts back as well

5. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

What I dont understand is just how badly EA screws up. Do they live in closed offices with no contact with the outside world, especially the fans of games that they are destroying ?

The whole world has been crying out for Battlefield 3, so they initially stick 2 fingers up at all these paying customers and give them Heroes. Even then, the nasty snub they got back didnt deter them..

Now they have the gall to announce this arcade download only shooter and brand it Battlefield. And as expected (just read the posts above) the fan base gives the game the royal finger. Its an absolute disgrace how arrogant EA has become with regards to ignoring their customers.

Also... expect the following :

- Will the PC version use the same match making approach as the console versions. Will it use Games For Windows LIVE ?
    - No dedicated servers like BF2/2142
    - Just 3 maps initially means DLC for extra $$$$$$ Kerrr-ching !
    - Forget strategtic squads... just plain old run and gun

To say that PC games dont sell is an absolute joke. Get it right (like BF2 and 1942, WOW, SIMS, even Spore with all its faults) and they sell millions on the PC platform, so to dismiss the PC as a sole platform is just a lame excuse by publishers who just cannot deliver. A little known fact is that even the least popular Battlefield game (Vietnam) sold over a million copies in the 1st 6 months of its launch. By October 2004, the whole battlefield series on the PC had sold a total of 4.4 Million copies. And this was before BF2 and 2142... so its like EA is ignoring a HUGE pot of money...... they are retards.

Atleast when there was no announcement there was hope that Battlefield 3 was still a remote possibility. This announcement has just destroyed that last remaining hope. I really hope EA goes under and some other respectful Dev picks up the Battlefield franchise to deliver it to the true fans.

6. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

24 players maximum. Three maps.

Are they planning on charging you money for this crap?

7. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

I'll never forget my squad commander hovering over wake in a heli and me parachuting all the way down all the while unleashing my weapon and dropping nades... nothing is more hilarious then watching the enemy try to hide from you when they have no clue where the bullets are coming from. :D

Also this looks somewhat promising... If they introduced hardcore mode (or more customizable modes) this would make my day. BF3 and COD4-5 just need to collide, it would make the best game ever. :D

8. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

what he said.

but hell, lookin on that trailer makes me wanna play BF2 all over again...... :D the trailer is awesome! graphic is "ok", but destroyable foliage and bridge? oh yeah man.... oh hell yeah.......

and yes, it needs to support up to 64 like bf2 and 2142 to make it a game worthy of buying.... i mean, its the Battlefield series, man!

9. quake1-rules

quake1-rules What's a Dremel?

Guys this is NOT true to the previous great PC exclusive Battlefield games. It is a console newb Battlefield game for 12 year olds. There's nothing to get too excited about here unless you are a casual gamer who likes this kind of thing. It might be fun for a few hours, then likely it will get old and stale. Go buy BF2 if you haven't yet and play that. It's $10 in stores and is still great fun and one of the best online shooters with a huge online population still.

The great DICE of old is gone. Now ArmA2 and Operation flashpoint 2 are the games to watch. Hopefully they'll live up to our hopes and dreams.

10. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Minimodder

We were shown destructible scenery in both the videos for BF2 and BF2142 that never materialised.. :(

I wish EA would see some sense, BF3 is probably the one game (other than HL3) that would convince me to upgrade my PC and come back from console gaming.

11. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

And I'm sure your face looks distinctly like an arse.

This game looks great. It's no Crysis, of course, but the engine is still very impressive, considering it's limited by what the 360 and PS3 can do.

I'm amazed at the amount of elitism shown by some PC gamers here. Games are games.. they're fun to play regardless of the platform. Stop being such a childish **** and enjoy the games. PS3s and 360s aren't as powerful as PCs, obviously, but the whole experience is far more streamlined.. and some people prefer that. Personally, I can live in either world. It's all good for me.

12. Neoki

Neoki Minimodder

this game looks ******** to me is that wake island or a piss take. Bring back the good old days of bf2 ENOUGh with all these shitty ww2 games

13. gstewart92

gstewart92 What's a Dremel?

Howdy fellas,

I have been waiting for the next PC version of BF for a while. And now it looks like I'll be waiting a little longer. I saw the trailer of BF1943 yesterday and called all the guys I still play BF2 with (daily 2-3 hours) and told them all about it. Now I have to tell them that it's really a HD remake of BF1942 with 3 maps and 3 classes and of course no medics. The medic class is one of the really fun factors of BF2. I'm still gonna play BF1943 but I really love the gameplay of BF2. Having a squad leader you can spawn on really emphasizes team play and that's why we stick to BF2 and no other game has the "feel" of BF2.

Did anyone notice there were no parachute scenes in the trailer for BF1943? If you have 4 planes in the air for each side that actually means you will only have 8 people on the ground for each side. I think you may be lucky to actually see an enemy. How can a scout "...be able to take on the heaviest armor?" And with auto health and auto ammo it's not something that would keep my interest for long. Just tape down the fire button and move forward.

I'll play iBF1943 but will probably switch back to BF2 especially with the 1.5 patch due out in March with a new map. That'll give me another year to bide my time until the next dedicated PC BF release comes out.

14. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

I was excited at first but now I"m just gonna go back to playing my game of choice, insurgency it's free aswell and at least the devs listen to the gamers and improve it every patch ... :thumb:

15. TechM

TechM What's a Dremel?

I might give it a go. I enjoy BF2 a lot.

Just as long as they don't build in spyware. That's a dealbreaker for me.

16. Xir

Xir Modder

Bf1942 Gameplay with updated graphics...I'm in!

17. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

Read the posts above....

BF2 gameplay..... erm yeah right.. a lobotomised version of BF2 without its balls... i.e. dumbed down for the kiddie masses who couldnt possibly deal with the complexity of more than 3 classes, and picking up ammo.

Its a shocking disgrace.

18. Xir

Xir Modder

19. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

Hope they force aircraft to land properly to re-arm this time instead of the weak, low over pass. I welcome Aircraft in the game, it's just the frequency with which you can drop payload after payload on armour that annoys me.
    Looks nice though from what their showing. Wonder if those falling trees kill you :D

Tags: Add Tags