1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Servos in bulk?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by slisgrinder, 5 Feb 2009.

1. slisgrinder

slisgrinder Minimodder

Hey guys,

Is there a place in North America that can sell me 50 standard servos in a bulk discount? I expect to pay a max of $500 CAD for them...
    I already contacted digikey and they are willing to give me $2 off their $16 servos but it still is too much and also contacted parallax but waiting for a response...:confused:

thankx for any help...

2. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

3. slisgrinder

slisgrinder Minimodder

is this site legit? if so thankx...

4. slisgrinder

slisgrinder Minimodder

anything in canada? I just got a quote from the above website (dealextreme) and the US to CAD conversion is killing me (I have to pay $100 extra on top of the $300 US to make it canadian) so is there a canadian retailer for servos? i m looking for 50 of the tower pro MG995 or 9805BB servos

thankx

Last edited: 6 Feb 2009
  5. ConKbot of Doom

ConKbot of Doom Minimodder

DX is legit, just very slow shipping sometimes (but it is free shipping...).

What sort of spec besides 'Servos'? What kind of torque, max/min voltage and size?

6. slisgrinder

slisgrinder Minimodder

Minimum voltage of 4V and Max voltage of 6V, with a torque of 20kg/cm like the Tower Pro 9805BB servo...I contacted Tower Pro directly but they are all priced in USD, so is DX and the conversion between USD to CAD is horrendous. Thats why I asked for a Canadian retailer...
    I am still searching for retailers but if there is a Canadian retailer that sells cheap high torque servos like the above mentioned Tower Pro 9805BB (10.8 USD per servo) please let me know...

Thanks again for your help guys

7. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

50 high torque servo's? Building a robot? :D

[​IMG]

8. slisgrinder

slisgrinder Minimodder

actually the parts for the SE7ENTH COLUMN PC case mod that I am doing and they are heavy, like moving into position the Logitech Z-5500 subwoofer :jawdrop: or the 4 triple 120mm radiators I plan on having and all the vents with the HDDs in them... so yeah, a 60cm x 150cm x 100cm robotic PC case designed around the Halo universe:rock:

9. pksjaveed

pksjaveed Nmodz: modding the world

10. slisgrinder

slisgrinder Minimodder

I just did a quote, and it came up to be $874 CAD after USD to CAD, twice as much as DX...any thing in Canada? sorry for being so picky about your suggestions, I am just trying to save money where I can...

but thankx for suggestion javeed:thumb:

11. pksjaveed

if you want you could ship them to my address in the us and from there i could ship them to you if you think that would be a cheaper way but shipping times are a bit slow about 2 weeks from dx to my house!!!! this is tottally legitmate site as i order from them all the time and you usually wont find it anywhere cheaper than dx as they eliminate the middleman

12. slisgrinder

slisgrinder Minimodder

I agree with you about DX being the cheapest, but I am not concerned about shipping prices, i am concerned about the conversion rate between USD and CAD, It really is killing me. I got a grand total of $490.20 USD and after converting to CAD it is $622.83 total shipping included...
    Thats why I am looking for a Canadian dealer so that I completely avoid the USD to CAD conversion... But i guess I will just stick to 25 servos rather than 50 to lower the price...

13. pksjaveed

your best bet would be to get someone you trust from the us to buy them for you and once they arrive to the us address get the person to ship them out that way the total for the most expensive servo dx has would be 404.70 including shipping

14. slisgrinder

slisgrinder Minimodder

I just decided to buy 25 servos instead of 50, I will make due with 25, I guess 50 is overkill, and the total I get is $312.50 CAD includes shipping... Thnkx for your help guys!!!

15. slisgrinder

slisgrinder Minimodder

What are DX points?

16. pksjaveed

it for people who buy regularly buy from there!!! you gain points everytime you purchase something once you have enouph points you can get something from there with those points

17. slisgrinder

slisgrinder Minimodder

cool, I guess I will have to start buying from there...

18. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

Good luck. I've heard nothing good about dealxtreme or mertiline - all their product offerings are junky and unreliable.

19. ConKbot of Doom

ConKbot of Doom Minimodder

Thats why you watch what you buy ;)

Ive bought several LED's on heatsinks and they were all fine, compact flash to IDE converters etc...

Buyer beware, its all cheap stuff made in taiwan, hongkong, china, etc...

20. pksjaveed

it depends on what you get i have always had reliability from them but at those low prices i dont expect nothing fancy!!! most things are made from third world countries but i dont see tons of people complaining!even if you have issues of the product not working they way ist supposed too they do except returns!!even thought since its not expensive i dont bother returning!! but in slisgrinders case if he get like 2 out of 25 he should go ahead and get replacements