1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 1943

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by WARHAMSTER, 5 Feb 2009.

1. WARHAMSTER

WARHAMSTER What's a Dremel?

No really,

http://www.battlefield1943.com/

Well with this supposedly out in the summer and Battlefield Heroes out in April time it looks like we can forget BF3 until at least next year.

Coming out on PC, 360 & PS3.

2. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

3. WARHAMSTER

WARHAMSTER What's a Dremel?

Ahh, I did look honest:blush:

4. Dark_Master_Dragon

Dark_Master_Dragon Beware of my lair!!!

?

WarHamster are you spamming? If your not ok.:thumb:
    :wallbash::D

5. Dark_Master_Dragon

Dark_Master_Dragon Beware of my lair!!!

Nvm

Sorry about that my mistake:thumb:
    :wallbash::D

6. Red Eye

Red Eye Minimodder

So with COD4 creating its own fog of war in the game market, its been hard to notice other war-type games that are out. Can someone tell me a little about the Battlefield series and what this brings to the genre that others may not. Honestly I know zip about Battlefield games apart from the development of Battlefield Heroes and I know that isn't a true representation of the series.

and in the meantime I'll do some wiki-ing on it.

7. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

Battlefield 1942 was a gateway game for many a person, getting them into lAN and online gaming. It's a fairly basic capture the point game, but with great gameplay and tons of fun on tap. Plus bunches of " Remember when" moments. Ah to be young again.

Also 1942 will run on an eeepc 1000hd :D

8. Seraphim2150

Seraphim2150 Non-Modder

Had a flash back to 1942 when i saw Wake Island. So many good memories. Shame I hated the BF2 version

9. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Read on Kotaku that this is gonna be basically a "casual" remake of 1942 in downloadable format for the PS3, 360 and PC. It'll have auto-regen health and infinite ammo for all classes. It won't be a full-price game so it'll be smaller and there are only 3 classes.

Holding off anticipation.

10. AQNFX

AQNFX Twist The Grip, Let It Rip!

With the economy (among other things, like pirating) today I don't think EA will publish a game that's just for "PC". So they will shove games at multiple system to try and make everyone a little happy.

In my opinion EA used to be a wonderful company just lately they are just losing their grip.

Some other good news is that Bad Company 2 is also coming to PC.

11. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

That's fine but I'm really hoping for a real, dedicated battlefield game sometime in the future. A Battlefield 3 or the likes. One that doesn't sound totally dumbed down to appeal to the "casual" gamer.

I'm not going to cast judgement before the game is even out, but unlimited ammo, 3 classes and auto-regenerating health sounds like it's enough to ruin what made battlefield so great.

Tactical thinking: The game presented situations where you had to use your brain when fighting. You couldn't bail around the corner and crouch for 3 seconds to get a full heal if your plan goes awry, and you have to make every shot count, especially when fighting at a distance.

Teamwork: The Medic and Support classes in the game provided an element of teamwork that set the series apart from others at the time. A well organized squad with a good medic and someone to provide extra ammo when needed made for some amazing moments. With auto-regen health and infinite ammo it seems like it's just gonna be a lot of people running and gunning like crazy, hiding to recover, with no reliance on team strategy at all. It's not that the game will automatically be bad because of these things, but it's definitely not gonna feel right. Not to me anyway.

12. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I don't see why they'd bother doing 2 new non-full versions of BF, especially 2 WW2 versions.

13. caffin999

caffin999 Bit of a noob, but learning quickly

i dunno some of EAs latest games have been quite innovative and creative. dead space and mirrors edge were good. although i agree they do seem to be buggering up the bf series for pc users at least

14. Major

Major Guest

It's kinda like saying "You can have 2 free games to play with so we can take our time with BF3"

Personally, BF3 is a game they cannot possibly screw up, but, I said that with C&CTW and look how that turned out. Saying that I thought Red Alert was pretty good so I hope EA so not screw this up.

15. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Just watch them.

Auto-regen health? Let's make games easier.

16. ymillie

ymillie What's a Dremel?

Loving it

;-)

Last edited: 10 Feb 2009
  17. culley

culley What's a Dremel?

Apprently there will be a 24 player max, 1942 has a 62 player max.

18. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

*buys game*
    *installs game, can't connect to any server*
    *downloads 500mb patch*
    *download fails, finds faster mirror*
    *installs patch*
    *patch doesn't appear to have actually installed*
    *get bored, play L4D*

19. opal

opal Eh?

From the preview Im not expecting much, looks to be a straight console port.

Adding auto regen and infinite ammo along with any class able to take down armour just dumbs down the game and turns it into somewhat of a ffa with little to no tactics required.

Here's hoping for BF3, I think there was a DICE announcement about it aswell