1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Lian-Li V600B(L)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by DereX, 5 Feb 2009.

1. DereX

DereX What's a Dremel?

I love my Lian-Li V600 but the location of the PSU made aftermarket heat sink options non-existent.
    So I decided to liquid cool it in preparations for the Phenom II it will see soon.
    My only goal was that the case remain completely stock in outside appearance. I know it was a simple mod, its still something I'm very happy with the outcome.
    I can also return the system to its original configuration which is nice if I ever want to sell it (which I wont)

[​IMG]
    Close up of the CPU block, Its an older Koolance, it will be upgraded soon.
    [​IMG]
    The start of the cabling mess, all the cables eventually got hidden there.
    [​IMG]
    I took the stock HDD rack flipped it upside down and made rails to mount it in the remaining ODD bays.
    [​IMG]
    The HDD cabling is accessible from the front, they can also be removed this way.
    [​IMG]
    just the basics installed liquid loop completed.
    [​IMG]
    all the hardware is in place. (I should shorten some cables but that will happen later)
    [​IMG]
    And one last shot with the system running.

So let me know what you guys think.

2. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Looks very neat and tidy, nice work.

3. JoHoschi

JoHoschi What's that?

Some clever ideas you've got there :thumb:.
    Especially your HD-rack is something I always thought off (but never tried :rolleyes: ). It would fit my needs very good because my computer gets torn apart periodically.

/johoschi

4. ModMinded

ModMinded Are you throwing that away?

Nice! :thumb:
    Can you detail the HD rack more? Does it slide out or is it fixed? I see what looks like a couple right angle pieces riveted, and some screws in the outside of the OD bay. BTW, I liked that pic of the drives & cabling through the front panel... You could crop it to just the drive bay and the dvd will a little mesh surround, and frame it!

5. DereX

DereX What's a Dremel?

The HDD rack is fixed (screwed) in the case like a normal ODD would be. The cage its self is the stock Lian-Li part I simply unscrewed it, then cut out the top retaining points to make room for the radiator and pump.
    The rails are simple ninety degree aluminum pieces I just cut holes for the screw points.
    the whole thing can be taken apart and the HDD rack mounted back in its original position if desired.

If any one was wondering here are the system specs:
    MSI DKA790GX platinum
    AMD Athlon X2 5400+ Black Box @ 3.25Ghz
    2x 2gb OCZ PC2-8000 (yes sli memory in an amd rig)
    512mb Sapphire Radeon HD 4870
    Antec Basiq 550 watt
    Seagate 7200.11 500gb (Vista)
    Seagate 7200.10 500gb (storage)
    Western Digital Cavier 80gb (windows 7)

6. PTModder

PTModder What's a Dremel?

I still think that you could do better on the inside... i´ve modded a case just like yours once and heres the result

(sorry for invading your thread like this)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Like i said its a Lian-Li that i made for a costumer once and it has a lot of potencial if you want to do a better cable management and still get some space inside the case to had whatever you want in to....

7. DereX

DereX What's a Dremel?

I actually thought about doing something very similar to that exact set-up but decided I wanted to maintain a completely stock look from the outside. Something about it kind of being a sleeper is appealing to me. My next case will be built from scratch and a little bit more over the top.