1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 KillZone 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BuRnThIsJ, 29 Aug 2005.

1. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

love the demo, BUT after my 1st go i did the hole thing by knife... which is a bit silly, yet fun lol (ofc i had to shot the baddys on the bridge)

2. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Made myself a euro account (anyone live near 123 Fake Street in London? :p ) and got it. It's quite fun. Had to wrap my head around console FPS controls as usual, but the gameplay was excellent.

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Oh god. I came.

4. KMS-oul

KMS-oul You think you know me.

I enjoyed the demo but apart from the amzing graphics (for the ps3) I found the gameplay pretty standard. It will be something I would buy eventually but not on launch day. Anyone else feel a slight delay the controls? Perhaps it's just me being knackard but I found that there would be a very slight pause before moving. Adjusting the sensitivity deosn't do anything anything to improve it.... the controls dont seem tight to me.

5. TURTLEGIRL73

TURTLEGIRL73 Turtles forever!!

I tried the demo today and I was impressed!!

6. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

I know exactly what your referring to - I have experienced the sluggish controls too.

They really do need tightening up....maybe with time you can get use to it but it really makes the game feel slow....

still impressive visuals but with only the first level to base that on, you cant really tell what multiplayer will be like - it might be toned down in some ways to accomadate everyone who knows.

I am still ordering it though, worth the chance!

7. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

i really enjoyed the demo. Its nice to play a shooter with a proper 'weighty' feel, you feel like you have real mass and not just a floating gun like you do with resistance 2. The weapons also feel nice and meaty with real impact but the controls could do with being tightened up a bit.

8. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

Loved the demo. Took me a while to adjust the whole first-person cover system it has but once I figured it out those Helghast didn't stand a chance. The game does carry a sense of weight about it, the whole environment in the first level feels so heavy (does that manke any sense?) but it was fun. Demo is a bit on the short side but I think it accomplishes what it needs to. A bit dissapointed that the game is only 720p. Makes owning a 1080p TV an increasingly wasteful of a purchase when all these big titles ship out with 720p native resolution.

9. mike_beef

mike_beef What's a Dremel?

i enjoyed the demo but i'm not sure i'm quite convinced with this 'weighty' idea. i get the idea but i cant make up my mind whether it does feel weighty or just slow and clunky. i'm more excited by fear 2 tbh. the scary parts tend to pull me into the game more than same old fps action, meh. i quite like the cover system in kz2 though, although i didnt really get it on first go of demo.

10. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

4m 9s run using a knife, one rocket and two pistol rounds.

No HUD or hints.

11. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

getting quite excited about this one - i hope it is good online!

12. Major

Major Guest

OMGOAD THIS GAME SUX ASS HALO IS LEIK 5X BETTER NO JOKEZ OKZ.

But seriously, I hate this game so much, overrated so much, much more than Crysis tbh.

13. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

You saying that from the demo major?

14. Major

Major Guest

Yes.

15. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

Play have this listed as "in stock" which means if you ordered it via them - expect it this week! (hopefully!)

:)

16. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

My Pre-order was posted this morning so i should hopefully be blasting helghans tomorrow evening. :D

17. BigD79

BigD79 Gadding about...

Mine too! Looking forward to it, my gf is working allday sunday too so gearing up for a marathon session. :D:rock:

Hope I can pick up the new controls quickly, my fingers/brain are so used to the COD4/WAW "default flipped"!

Who else is expecting this tomorrow??

18. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

I got my copy too from play. They jacked up the price from £29.99 to £35 but I managed to snag it for £26 ish with a RAC discount code + quidco :D

Not bad!

Just about to look at it now infact now - please post your impressions of it and I will do the same.

19. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

Right, been playing it last evening and I have to say Im relatively impressed.

Firstly the single player is like I would have expected, nothing new but jaw dropping visuals. The gameplay is good too although the controls really do feel weird and sluggish, just like the demo which is a bit of an annoyance, especially when trying to aim delicately and it doesnt move enough - or then too much when you try to compensate.

The rest of the gameplay is good, it is not breaking any new grounds when it comes to the game itself but the ragdoll physics on enemys when they die, the vibrant graphics and the atmosphere it creates is all very enthralling.

not entirely made my mind up yet but its definately "pretty good" to say the least! Whether it deserves anything more, I will need to spend some more time with ti fully decide :D

20. Zeus-Nolan

Zeus-Nolan Minimodder

first of all i've only watched videos of killzone and not played the demo, I love the game it puts my faith back in the PS3 as my top gaming machine at the moment other than my laptop (playing sins of the solar empire) the graphics are superb and so is the sound, however the controls are slow at first but after getting used to it and changing the settings it more than fine. I bought it for £20 from a friend that hated it but now regrets it but he's not getting it back.

@ Solidus i do agree with your post, did you find any random glitches with the bolt gun and a halghast? i did :)