1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Dead Rising 2 announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 10 Feb 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Arkanrais

Arkanrais What's a Dremel?

The more zombie games, the better.
    Is the first one on PC also?

3. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

I wanted the first one to come to PC - my colleagues are trying so hard to convince me to buy a 360 for Street Fighter IV but as that is coming to PC, and hopefully Resident Evil 5 will be as well, and now this - I honestly don't see any need....

4. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Yeah what ever happend to the first ones pc release.... Although i look forward to the second i quite liked the idea of the shopping centre attack.

5. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

Awesome!!!!

6. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Minimodder

Dead Rising would of been awesome, but please for the love of god fix the controls! especially the ranged controls. Oh and the save system too, and item degradation has never been good in any game is been in. Other than that, sweet!

7. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Yay for PS3 release!!

8. roshan

roshan What's a Dremel?

Come on!!! it has a pc port!!!!!!!

9. NightrainSrt4

NightrainSrt4 What's a Dremel?

Very cool. I actually didn't mind the weapons degrading, but they did take it a little far. It did give another dynamic to the game other than "get your favorite weapon, slaughter zombies entire game with said weapon".

The thing I didn't like about the first was the way you had to sit and play the game over and over again to get strong enough/high enough level to be able to take out the next objective. As much as I love bashing zombie brains, I don't feel like doing the same story arc over and over again, simply because you need to be at a certain strength and health to make it through an encounter, or be extremely lucky. Having stats and everything random when you leveled made that even more frustrating in some cases.

Killing a horde in a corridor and then turning around and having more pop right in was frustrating to. They should have to trickle back in through a spot left un-barricaded, or a broken window, or a door. Not just magically appear behind you after you've already cleared out that section three times.

Good game though, and good times, just hope they address some of the issues with the new one.

10. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

Not bad for the first try :) I was happy they went with the traditional zombie and the classic zombie filled mall battleground.

11. bridgesentry

bridgesentry 3verything must bee wat3rcooled

The first time playing it, I just ran around and slept in the security room.

Tags: Add Tags