1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Water cooling and air cooling.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AFX, 11 Feb 2009.

1. AFX

AFX "Bling" Silver Mountain 2

I have set up a few H2o systems before but never on my own system :eyebrow:.
    I have a HR-01 plus on my e6300 and I just got a stock HD4850 and its loud and I was thinking of setting up a H2o system on it and possibly my NB and SB. specs of my system are in my sig.

My main question is how big of a Rad would i need to keep my 4850 & possibly NB and SB cool. I would be doing a full cover block (EK?) for the 4850. Also should I just go full out and convert to all H2o? The case is a coolermaster mid tower that's kinda cramped. Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks

2. clownfart

clownfart Hardware Enthusiast

Well that card is kinda weak sauce, I wouln't bother spending too much money on it. I'd go for a T-Rad2 and a silent fan for it. Possibly two Noctua NF-B9s. As for the rad, I wouldn't get anything less than a 240mm. I'd aslo go for a fat rad like the Feser ones. I don't think its necessary to go all water, NB and SB tend to do fine with their stock coolers.

3. AFX

AFX "Bling" Silver Mountain 2

I was thinking of a Trad., since I just bought a house I proly don't want to sink to much $ in to my computer. I guess really I just need to have some one talk me out of blowing tons of cash when something less expensive will do. lol Thanks for the advice clown.

4. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Just slap an Arctic Cooling Accelero S1 on the graphic cards w/ a 120 mm quiet fan and be done with it.

I've recently found out that 240-sized rad is NOT enough to quietly cool my rig (louder than ex. aircooling when temperatures are about the same), so your setup would also require atleast 360-sized, maybe even larger for really quiet cooling... That costs money and will stick out of the case.