1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other x

Discussion in 'General' started by Gooey_GUI, 14 Feb 2009.

1. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Lots of alcohol, little self control, no food, probably mix some drugs in there. I've got a much tighter limit on my own personal consumption since working in a bar, the amount of people I see that make fools out of themselves is unbelievable

2. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I guess I don't have to try sleeping in a cubicle ever again... I GUESS I didn't make a mess, but it's just not worth it. Free booze + no food before + tight schedule (hell I was in army at the time, only 3 hours out).

Seriously off-topic already, but it's General forums so who cares?

3. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

We get moaned at in college for eating under the stairs... apparently the mess we leave is a danger

...worst we ever did was get donuts from Tescos over the road and leave a little sugar lying about, and even that we swept it against the wall :/

4. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

BUT is someone accidently drops some rocket fuel onto that sugar....

edit:

i am trying to imagine a scenario were a girl craps everything inside the bathroom, vomits everywhere and then lies unconscious on the floor... that must have been an incredible amount of alcohol!!!

5. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I'm with Emz on this one, the guy wasn't necessarily a cleaner. I don't think how he reacted was right though. He should've thought about it and realised most people wouldn't have been so helpful as to clear it up. I think the majority of people would have waited for someone to come along and clean it up completely or just walked away.

As for ladies loos, seriously... they are so often a lot worse than the gents. I was at London Arena for a 2 day music event a few years back and when my boyfriend met me outside the toilets he was all smiley saying they were the cleanest loos he'd ever seen! I, on the other hand, had watery eyes from trying not to be sick as there was not a single cubicle (and there were about 20 cubicles) that didn't have dirty nappies, sanitary towels, blood, poo, vomit, etc. smeared all over the doors and the walls. It had been done on purpose because it was all over the handles. I wasn't impressed with the cleaners as there were no babies there for those 2 days so they clearly hadn't done their job...

As a general rule I always try to be nice to the cleaners in this world as they literally deal with our ****. It's not something I'd want to have to do. There are arseholes in every job though.

6. DougEdey

That's because it attracts rats, you get rats in one house and you've got rats in the whole area.

7. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

If it was my old dog he would have ate the flowers and crapped in the bucket.

cool story tho.

8. Gooey_GUI

Gooey_GUI Wanted: Red Shirts

x

Last edited: 27 Jul 2016
  9. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

I understand animals will do stuff like this but i kind of feel bad for the cleaner here.

I dont think his job description said anything about cleaning any mess up when a dog craps on the floor - And im inclined to agree with him, theres a no-pets policy for a reason.

No offence to you gooey but i think personally, especially in a situation like this; whoever makes the mess, cleans it.

The cleaners are responsible for the shop, not other peoples mistakes (although to an extent) but this is a step too far in my opinion.

just my two cents!

10. Moriquendi

Moriquendi Bit Tech Biker

This dog isn't a pet though, it's a service dog (read "guide dog"), I'm guessing that Gooeys daughter is blind or partially sighted and so the dog is essential for her, you might just as well ask someone to leave their wheelchair outside because it's a vehicle free shop.

Moriquendi

11. Rocket733

Rocket733 Austerity - It's the only way

I'm not really sure what your expectations in this situation are and I don't really understand what you're complaining about. The ADA provides many benefits including the right for people to have their service animals accompany them in public places, which is a very good thing and has helped countless people lead a better life. Now I don't know of any section of the ADA that requires someone else to clean up after the mess a service animal makes.

Accidents do happen but a service animal owner should be prepared to clean up after their animal as any other animal owner would. In fact service animal owners should probably be prepared more than other animal owners because of the impact they can have on other's attitudes concerning service animals. In this case the wal-mart employee now has an even more negative attitude concerning service animals since your daughter's dog forced him to clean up an especially nasty situation.

12. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

it's wal-mart. stepping in the door is degrading.

13. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Hmmm... yeah. :duh: Now see, there is a problem with that notion. Follow me here for a moment.

The reason why most people have a service dog is because they have a disability. Most commonly that disablity would be blindness. Now I can imagine that a blind person might struggle just a little with cleaning up some dog mess. Would you like them to work on touch (patting the pavement until they feel something soft and squishy) or be guided by their keen sense of smell?

14. Rocket733

So who's responsibility is it? You think other's should be responsible for taking care of service animals? Should they have to provide food and water for the animals as well? Also there are many more service animals than for those with vision problems, they exist to help people with seizures, the deaf, and those in wheelchairs.

Edit:

From the ADA website.
    Wal-mart doesn't have a responsibility to provide for the animal's care, ie they don't have to clean up the mess it makes because the animal was forced to defecate in the store. Not to be a complete ass but if I was a store owner I would probably charge the person the cost to clean up with mess.

Last edited: 15 Feb 2009
  15. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

But you are...

As Nexxo points out, the owner of the dog will have some problems cleaning up themselves. One thing is actually locating the poo. The person also have to find something to clean up with (Bucket, a mop, water, soap and so on) I don't know how it is in the rest of the world, but here no shops have thing hanging on the wall next to the fire extinguishers.

There is also a thing called service and flexibility. Sure, it's not the shops responsibility, but in the end it's the shop that will smell bad, not the dog owner.

Regardless, it's a very small problem that's very easy to resolve. It's only poo. It's not going to jump up and scratch your eyes out. (Yes, it smells, but it's not directly dangerous unless you eat it)

I guess you are the kind of person that never holds doors open for other people, or let cars in the queue before you simply because you "don't have to".

16. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Mind my ignorance but what's a service dog?

17. DougEdey

It's a seeing eye dog Atanu,

18. n3mo

n3mo What's a Dremel?

You see, that's the difference between good customer service and bad customer service. But then again, expecting good customer service from Wal-Mart is like expecting common sense from christians.

19. Rocket733

Nice flame bait :nono:.

I think it's not unreasonable to expect service animals to be properly house trained so they don't defecate randomly in stores. If such an accident were to happen I'd expect to be grateful someone from the store came to clean it up, even if they have a poor attitude about it.

Seriously wtf? I'm not sure what you're trying to imply here but there's no need to bring religion into this.

20. Moriquendi

Moriquendi Bit Tech Biker

Not just guide dogs though they are AFAIK the most common. Epileptics can have dogs that warn them before they have seizures (sometimes long before). There was a story a while ago of a man whose dog telephoned the emergency services when he had a heart attack. The dog had been trained and there was a note attached to the address in the dispatch centre computer saying that the assistance dog was trained to phone 999 so when the operator got nothing but whimpers and barks they traced the call and got the address and note, pretty impressive I reckon. I don't know of other disabilities that are alleviated by trained dogs but I imagine there are a few, dogs can do incredible things when trained.

Moriquendi