1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSU PSUs with black, non-braided cables?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ry@n, 16 Feb 2009.

1. ry@n

ry@n Minimodder

[​IMG]

Does anyone know of any PSUs that come with modular cables like these? Apart the Ultra x3 of course. they look great and look like they have a better bend/fold radius than braided cables.

Any suggestions appreciated!

2. Stig

Stig What's a Dremel?

The CorsairHX series have those...but only on their MODULAR cables. The non-modular cables on those PSUs (they have both modular and non, which I find kinda weird, but I guess it works) are braided. So if you can live with some of each, thats not a bad way to go, since they are great PSUs.

3. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

what's braided mean??

Corsair Hx have those cables with modular ones, the attached (eg, the 24pin mobo power) are not like the photo though.

4. mooseguy

mooseguy Crazy Moose

Braided means they look like this:
    [​IMG]

The Corsair HX series cables are all black ribbon cables, apart from the 24 pin connector, and the 4 and 8 pin connectors for motherboard power.

5. ry@n

ry@n Minimodder

Ok thanks for your replies, it's a shame that the HX series jumps from 620w (isn't going to run my system when I get a pair of cards in SLI and a new mobo) to 1000w (which costs £190, so is out of the question). Any other suggestions? Probably should have said this initially but I am looking to spend around £120.

6. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

What's wrong with the ultra? it isn't a corsair, but I have one of the older x2's with the same cabling but mine are UV reactive, and never had an issue, and it looks sweet in a black case with blue mobo and fans.

7. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

You won't even be pushing a 620W with dual 7900's and an OC'd quad. Just get the HX620, that'll be more than fine. :)

Oh I noticed you're going to get new cards. But I still think you'll be fine with the 620. Dual 4870X2's are starting to push it a bit.

8. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Just to jump in as a grammar nazi here: in this context the cables aren't so much "braided" as they're "sleeved".

I know, I know... I just *had* to comment on this... :p