1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Ask Battlefield developer your questions!

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 17 Feb 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. xAx

xAx What's a Dremel?

When can i expect to recieve Battle Edge 2: Mirrorsfield?

3. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

This should be interesting.

Will there be longer ammo reload times for aircraft in battlefield 1943. After playing 1942, armour had a very tough time against aircraft due to the frequency at which aircraft could overfly the airfield and re-arm and return to battle. Wouldn't it be better to force aircraft to land properly for re-arming.?

4. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

Will there be the continued flaw of dolphin diving?

Will the weaponary (planes, tanks, guns) be equal (rate of fire, damage, look, accuracy) to their real life counterpart?

5. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

Is there any chance of an increased player count becoming available for the PC version?

6. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

1) ^ what he said

2) Also, will hit-detection actually reward sharp shooters or is the same old spray & pray?

3) Continued support for patches etc.... unlike BF2.

4) Widescreen support? FOV adjusted?

5) Ultra Settings for Uber PC's

7. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Minimodder

Will it actually be finished, rather than rushed out, and then abandoned because you cant get it right?

8. Sebbo

Sebbo What's a Dremel?

if BC2 is actually coming to PC, is BC going to be on there first? As BC is already on the 360, you essentially already have the DX10 PC version done, and really just about every serious gamer (or gamer expecting to be able to run this game) should have a dx10 capable graphics card by now.
    Also, dolphin diving is apparently fixed in bf2 as of 1.21

9. zimbloggy

zimbloggy Genius Extraordinaire

Why did they give pc users the shaft in Battlefield Bad Company?

10. zimbloggy

zimbloggy Genius Extraordinaire

Also, how come they aren't going to physically publish BF 1943?

11. Neoki

Neoki Minimodder

When are the BF guys gunna make a good game?

12. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Will Battlefield Heroes be at all aimed at the hardcore audience, or is it a strictly casual affair? Should we hardcore players even bother with Heroes?

13. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

How come DICE hasn't thought of a MMO BF?

Similar to Airwarrior or WWII Online. Character trees (Marine, Sniper, Spec Ops, Medic, Support etc). Each tree has upgrades in specs and unlocks better weapons or unlocks weapon skills. You could buy or quest (missions) weapons, gear, etc. Guild(Battalion) plots/bases. Vehicles would still be based on zone control and you'd need skills to fly or drive certain advanced(AH-60 or F22 or Abrams) vehicles. To avoid country conflict or politics create non-fiction factions. Major base captures would require raid parties.

Last edited: 17 Feb 2009
  14. Arkanrais

Arkanrais What's a Dremel?

On a scale of one to banana, how red is Tuesday?
    I love impertinent questions.

15. jtek

jtek What's a Dremel?

1 - Why should anyone who bought BF2 buy BF1943 considering the abysmal quality of BF2 for many months after release, the fact that many bugs have still not been fixed, the lack of support and all the other widely reported problems? Have they learnt from this, what processes have they put in place to prevent beta quality software from being released and sold to the public again?

2 - When is the Battlefield 2 1.5 patch going to be released to fix some of the remaining critical bugs? If it is not going to be released why was it announced by EA?

3 - Why does EA customer service have no way to contact developers to pass on suggestions and problems reported by customers and glean information on patches?

4 - Is he aware that many PC gamers actively boycott EA and DICE for the reasons alluded to above and would he care to offer an apology on behalf of EA/DICE to those who bought BF2 for all the problems they have had to suffer and continue to suffer? What assurances can he give that BF1943 will not be the same?

Thanks

+1

16. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

Many thanks for arranging this. I did ask for it... and you have delivered it. Thank you.

My questions

1) Why the change of focus to a more arcade style of gameplay when compared to BF2 and 2142 ? As these versions sold well, why would you go in the opposite direction for BF1943 ?

2) The PC community has been asking (in great volume) for a follow up to BF2 ? Why has this not been announced yet and will there ever be a proper follow up with the complexities of massively multiplayer warfare that were present in BF2 and 2142 ?

3) Why only 3 maps to start with ? Even BF2 came with 8 maps and that was low compared to other online multiplayer games such as Unreal Tournament ?

4) Why rebuild the same maps that have been out for years in various incarnations ? An acceptable answer is not that they are the most popular either!

5) As mentioned by others, BF2 was due to receive a massive update called patch 1.5, but there is no new information about this ? In light of the lack of true support that BF2 received why should we buy another battlefield game from EA ?

6) Will the player limit be 24 players on a PC. If so why ? The original BF1942 and all subsequent versions have scaled much higher than this.. to 64 players even.

7) Will PC players need to play on dedicated servers ? I presume console players will both host their own server and play on the same machine ?

8) Why did you remove the squad element from BF2, and then reduce the class choices ?

9) Is there a commander mode like in BF2 ?

10) Hard core BF2 and 2142 players feel let down by this '1943' announcement as they have been waiting for a true sequel with the complexities of modern multiplayer warfare. What do you have to say to these people ?

11) Will the PC version be available in Steam and if so, for how much ?

12) DLC map packs fragmented the user base on 2142 and BF2 and were not commercially successful for clan's etc to host servers just for the map packs. What will be different in the new DLC model (assuming there is one with only 3 maps shipping at launch) ?

Thanks Bit-Tech !

M

17. harveypooka

harveypooka Fond of rumpots and crackpots

Will there be a BF3 or some serious updates to BF2142 to try and prevent hackers, release new maps and stop the client being a buggy mess?

18. Zut

Zut What's a Dremel?

What makes you think you can just slap the Battlefield brand on this casual, arcadey drivel and expect us all to fall for it?

19. shomann

shomann Minimodder

I actually jumped into the Battlefield franchise with BF2. While I enjoyed the game a great deal, I did find fault with many of the things brought up here.

1) Will DICE take an active interest in making the player classes balanced OVER TIME. What I mean by this is a constant adaptation to thwart taking advantage of specific class abilities.

2) Will accurate weapon dynamics be reflected in combat? Specifically penetration and destructive properties (The M107 should be able to punch through nearly any existing body armor at great range, grenades should have a wide destructive field, etc.)

Overall, I think the series is a great one, but while I like quickly getting into an arcade-type battle, I LOVE it when a game strives for realism.

(cough, cough, OFP2)

Last edited: 17 Feb 2009
  20. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Can I expect the game to hang on the server browser screen?

Seriously, games such as Battlefield are intended for online play, however in almost every EA related game the weak point is the in game server browser, often unintuitive, and always buggy.

Tags: Add Tags