1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Nvidia Control Panel...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Wonda-boy, 9 Feb 2009.

1. Wonda-boy

Wonda-boy I gotsa GTX295 E-Penis!!!

Can someone plz advise me about the physix option in the latest drivers from nvidia.....

If I have Physix enabled on one GPU does that mean it only handles the Physix side and in effect leave me with one GPU for the games...Or am I still using 2 GPU's for rendering my games and the physix aswell as a bonus so to speak....I also hate the tearing effect on games so if I have the V SYNC on is it better to triple buffer or am I suffer major hits in performance.....

Also I only have a PCI-e 16x slot on my mobo would it be of huge benefit to have a REv 2.0 slot?

I game on a 24" TFT with a XFX GTX295 and a Q9650 @ 3.6Ghz....TBH I upgraded from a 8800GTX and the gain is not huge and it should be....But the latest nVidia drivers IMHO are very bad and by no means mature.....

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

PhysX feature on the Geforce graphic card is support on the 8000/9000/200 series GPU's.
    When a supported game (or software) performs physics calculation, it won't perform it on your CPU (which sucks at doing so), but rather on your GPU mighty ~200+ (varies on the GPU model) processors.

1 video card is enough to make it work.
    Does it slow down your game? Yes and no.
    No, as in fact it will increase the game speed if the GPU doesn't jump at 100% load due to the intense graphic demand of a game. You must remember that if you have Cysis in your head, then not really, because it could be the CPU that limits the game and not your GPU.

If you have a powerful video card then enabling physX should not cause any slow downs.

You can ready more on it at:
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/nvidia_physx.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PhysX

3. Wonda-boy

Thanx for the input, but I wanted to know specifically about my GTX....not so much about how physX performs.

As I said if I enable it in the options will it take a GPU away from rendering my games and as such leave me with one GPU doing the work and the other doing solely PhysX.

Or will it still use the 2 GPUs for rendering and add the physX into the deal.

Thanx again for the reply mate.:thumb:

4. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

Hi, well both gpu's the 295 and 8800 may both still be used to render games, however of cause not in SLI.

Basicly.. with any of the 8000/9000/200 series GPU's you can render games and do physx calculations simultaneously.

It does this by allocating say 10% for example (I do not know the real figure) of the GPU to PhysX calculations and the remaining 90% for the gfx calculations.
    PhysX is only enabled on 1 card at any time, so Enabling the 2nd card for PhysX can help a lot.

Yes it throws physx into the deal... you say 2 gpu's doing the rendering, so long as your aware the 2 cards will not SLI with each other, but both will be more than capable of rendering games (just not sharing the work load between them).

Hope that makes sense

Last edited: 10 Feb 2009
  5. Wonda-boy

Thanx for the response guys..