1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8 billion dollar fraud...

Discussion in 'Serious' started by ou7blaze, 17 Feb 2009.

1. Phat Ass

Phat Ass What's a Dremel?

One can dream of their return...

2. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

Here you go: http://www.xe.com/
    You minute by minute currency update.

10yrs ago it was cheaper to vacation in Europe but not now.

3. Major

Major Guest

Considering the pound is in a bad state at the moment, and it's at $1.5, it's not too bad IMO, was like $1.06 or something a few months ago,

Now they want to print more money digitally, which will bring the currency down too, but as the USA is also starting to print money digitally as far as I know, it won't change too much imo.

4. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

Oh yes. They've been printing money left and right here. Counterfeiting overflow doesn't help either.

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

6. Mr Mario

Mr Mario What's a Dremel?

If I had a million pound, I would invest most of it in property, and live off the rent, the value of the property would go up more than a banks interest, and the rent would mean I could live well. Then I would find a nice job with a charity and work 3 or 4 days a week voluntary. I think everyone needs to work, even if it's not for money.

Back on topic though, am I the only one who thinks cutting the bonuses won’t do to much, the guys at the top will still find ways to get their millions (expenses, pay increases etc), were as the people at the bottom who rely on bonuses to boost there salary and look after their family’s will end up with the raw deal.

7. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

hows about i get mine in "old" Zimbabwe Dollars :lol:

Notice: The Zimbabwe government redenominated the ZWD again on February 2, 2009 at a rate of 1,000,000,000,000 old ZWD to 1 new ZWD.

1,000,000.00 USD = 66,490,000.00 ZWD
    United States Dollars Zimbabwe Dollars
    1 USD = 66.4900 ZWD 1 ZWD = 0.0150399 USD

8. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

From this article:

Basically, they're looking for this man:

[​IMG]

I suggest searching near railroad tracks and giant novelty sticks of TNT.

-monkey

9. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

Supermonkey, it's a good thing there wasn't any soda in my mouth when I saw your post or my keyboard would have been a goner. ;P

10. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I lol'd. Incidentally, I'm not sure why people are talking about these people like they deserve to be shot (the top 10 responsible, I mean). Old white men who make dumb mistakes or bad descisions resulting in economic crisis aren't Hitlers or Geins, they're just idiots. I reckon there's an important moral distinction between Wrong acts and Goddamn Stupid acts, the latter being less grave (though more grave in consequence, here).

11. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

No, those so called 'dumb white men' knew exactly what they were doing, making them selfs extreme amounts of money, then there bubble burst because too many honest folk couldn't afford to keep there debt re-payments up, resulting is a toxic debt, and before anyone could say, 'lets get off this sinking ship!' the economic growth boom had burst.

The other problem was the dishonesty of these people.

For instant, a kid get in pregant, but tries to hide it. But every day there are signs of this preganance, and yet the child still refuses to come clean that shes pregant and blames the morning sickness on a bad meal the night before. Too cut a long story short, she ends up giving birth, in which its very difficult to hide! and then you have to put up with that brat for the next 20 years before you can kick it out the door!

So we have had the lie's, decete and corruption, and now are scars will slowly heal only in the coming years are stiches on those wounds will be ripped open, resulting in more pain.

12. Major

Major Guest

Bang on, people think because the majority of us are screwed so are they, but they have £100m+ in a bank account somewhere, you don't.

;)

If I could make that amount of money but iI would screw up everything, I still would, anyone would imo.

13. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

I disagree that anyone would. For myself, I have a conscience and prefer to sleep at night rather than have enough money to spend lavishly on whatever. However, it's obvious that some people do not have that kind of moral/ethical mechanism to stop themselves.

14. Rum&Coke

Rum&Coke What's a Dremel?

I'm stupid when it comes to big finance, I barely comprehend how the stock market functions, so its really comforting to imagine that behind the recession that someone orchestrated it all rather than the entire world's financial sector is retarded at the same time. Kind of like how 9/11 conspiracy theorists are stupid when it comes to physics so would like to imagine George Bush planned it all.