1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Refunds or replacements on faulty goods

Discussion in 'General' started by Yotta, 19 Feb 2009.

1. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

No, I'm just trying to work out what you expect from a "Discussion" forum? Threads regularly spread from just one response.

2. Yotta

Yotta Minimodder

I suppose I might of been looking for some advice, without a load of presumptuous drivel that had nothing to do with the subject matter. I'm all up for threads evolving, but I like to stay out of the gutter if possible.

3. Angleus

Angleus What's a Dremel?

Hmmm but what if we just ignored bad advice that was given to you, rather than telling you it was bad advice (and hopefully, although admitedly not in this case, provide you with better advice) and you acted on that bad advice?

I wouldn't have described our comments as in 'the gutter' at all, in fact they were hardly off on a tangent they just explained why advice given to you by another poster was bad advice,

Unfortunately we had no prior experience of your ability of dealing with customer complaints, so how were we to know you knew better than to shout at a sales assistant? Or in this case for example send a rude/threatening (legal action etc.) email to the online retailer?

4. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

I didn't merely suggest shouting. I suggested pretending to be deaf and shouting. As for the two delicate little flowers who care what shop assistants think of them /hugs.

5. Angleus

Angleus What's a Dremel?

LOL my feelings for shop assistants come from spending my late teens working as one in a shop with awful customer policies that I had to adhere to, wasn't much fun

6. Yotta

Yotta Minimodder

LeMaltor,
    Thanks for explaining. Your reply seemed like hard work at the time, then after Angleus' and fev's replies referring to shouting, I tarred you all with the same brush, I now realise I read your reply wrongly.

Angleus,
    Where you say: "Or in this case for example send a rude/threatening (legal action etc.) email to the online retailer?
    Are you asking if I sent a rude/threatening etc letter, accusing me of sending one, or recommending that I send one? In the context of the paragraph, it's not at all clear.

7. Angleus

Angleus What's a Dremel?

Meh, im just saying sending one would be a bad idea, just figured it was the online equivalent of shouting at a sales assistant

8. Yotta

Yotta Minimodder

So none of the above then. :)

It was the question mark that threw me, along with the "Or in this case for example", which led me to think I was the accused.

9. Angleus

Angleus What's a Dremel?

Sorry i wasn't trying to accuse you of anything, :) just trying to make my post more relevant to your real life situation...

Which I guess was your entire point in the first place

My apoligies

10. Major

Major Guest

Indeed refund is normally 28 days I think, so replacement and sell it on ebay if you don't want the same router is your best option, or just keep it.

OR

If you really want a refund, get the replacement from the retailer, then one week later get your parner or your friend to take it back to the store and say you've lost reciept and you purchased a few days ago and want a refund as it's the wrong router etc.

11. Yotta

Yotta Minimodder

If I'd have understood post #2 better, then I would have realised your replies weren't aimed at me. I'm cool with that now, cheers.

12. Yotta

Yotta Minimodder

Cheers for the advice. :)

13. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

Of course without a receipt the store has no obligation to issue a refund or even a replacement, As one) you can't prove you bought it inside the 28 days, and two) you can't even prove you bought it at that store.

14. Major

Major Guest

Well many stores accept items back without a recipt, one example is in Comet before with a game I bought, played it for a few days, didn't like it, took it back, got a replacement because I said the game was faulty, then two days later took the replacement back and got a full refund.