1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress GIGABYTE GZ-M1/ Updated: April 6th

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by tranc3, 21 Nov 2008.

1. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

Looking good

2. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Dear God, those CPU-sinks are getting ridiculously big!
    Shiny, though...

3. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

You know that Thermaltake cooelr draws air in from both sides so it doesn't matter which orientation you mount it? Kinda weird if you ask me but it works quite well, nice choice. Nice new gear.

4. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

Thanks every one Quite a shine cooler indeed :)

Nope didn't know that, it works extremely well tho my cpu is right around room temperature at idle

5. tuberc

tuberc What's a Dremel?

That looks really good with the blue led's. How loud is the system now? I know the side panel isnt sealed yet but is the gpu the loudest part? I have turned off one of my front fans cause theres no problem with cooling. I'd love to get an Antec veris multimediastation elite, would make watching movies etc much easier

6. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

I isn't too loud, but The loudest thing in it is the hard drive witch isn't very loud by any means My gpu has a asus heat sink so it is pretty low on noise.

and last night i got the side panel window one it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It's a little better now on sound, and much better on looks.

7. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

Been a while since I've had an update been working on my new room. but i have manged to sand the front i/o cover down still deciding if i want brushed alu film on it or if i want it black. dont have any photos of that yet

did manage to get some hinges may use to mount it
    [​IMG]
    just basic hardware from lowes. Witch got me thinking of some crazy ideas..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Some thing like this :D

I started to think about this when i was trying to run the wires, and the fact that the side panel doesn't slide on right, because of the acrylic.

8. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Oh a hinged door, I can't wait.

9. BlackWhizz

BlackWhizz What's a Dremel?

10. wgy

wgy What's a Dremel?

a well executed mod, nice work, looking forward to seeing more.

11. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

Thanks for the replys I've been trying to think of the essayist way to do the doors on the case I'm figuring that when i cut it it wont line up perfectly after words, so should i use like a rubber seal around the edges to make it flush or get some sheets of steel and make new panels for the door parts, or do both?

12. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

So i logged on today, looked at the front page and decided I would take a gander at the mod of the month nominees and to my surprise my little case was on there. so that immediately made me want to get back to updating this project log.

I few days ago i was carrying my case out of my girlfriends house and the door accidentally knocked the side panel. It is fixable not the first dent this case has seen. i moved in to my old apevia case so i can get back to working on the case, I'm debating on possibly getting some brushed aluminum sheets and making all new panels for it. But as always money is a big factor in what i chose to do. i did how ever manage to clean out my cpu fan and discover that the spin q vibrates a lot with he AM2 mounts. Its alot of fan to move tho,
    [​IMG]
    could be isolate with some rubber gourmets. it also has a very nice contact surface.
    [​IMG]
    I've been thinking about some other things to do with this mod one is involving a bigger fan in the front or possibly liquid cooling, the only problem is i move my case frequent and as far as i know when u move the case I'd have to drain it. Lets just see where this goes, i have to find my sketch up file so i can get back to working on it. Schools kinda sucking up my time at the moment so I'm not really having a lot of modding time.

13. tyrandan

tyrandan Pink Lemonade.

Nice design dude, and good job on that side panel. Subscribed.
    EDIT: Oh, and congratz on the MOTM Nomination! :dremel:

14. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

Thanks man, Its an ever changing design. :lol:

15. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Mark of a good mod, that :)

16. hazed100

hazed100 What's a Dremel?

nice tidy looking mod, I would just like to suggestto you that you do indeed add some extra coats of paint but use several layers of a really good lacquer or clear coat to add much needed paint protection and it also makes that professionally sprayed deep finish you see on those expensive cases.
    My first mod was surprisingly similar in that i went for a cut side panel and front 120mm fan, same size box , similar internals but i went for orange cables and led's and fans. Black and orange being my favourite combo of colours for electronic stuff.The only error i made was too few layers of paint and no clear coat to protect it. Eventually i got a few chips and scratches which could have been avoided with a heavy coating of gloss lacquer.

it was about 3 years back (old components! hehe) now but I loved that PC because i built it and made it look how i wanted it!, the beginnings of a modding love affair :D
    It wasnt pro standard by a long chalk but all my mates wanted it over their dull looking standard PC's so it worked! hehe
    heres a link:
    [​IMG]

yours is a nice build, and cool photolog of the process compared to mine, keep it up :)

oh heres the album of the build:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 1 May 2009
  17. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

Thanks, i like yours allot mine was very close to being orange and black with some chrome. I may or may not have said it but im planning to rebuild it it'll pretty much be a scratch build when im done, maybe an acrylic interior, i know i want brushed alu panels on it.

18. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

What happened to this great mod?