1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Halo 1 on Vista 64bit?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by wyx087, 23 Feb 2009.

1. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

installed Halo 1 on my Vista 64bit to show my friend that this game isn't as old, and graphics are okay.

but damn thing won't run, no matter what compatibility mode i try, it will not get a display up, simply hear the background music but just displays desktop.

upon first launch, it did say not enough RAM, with my system summed up as: 3400Mhz, 0MB, 896MB nVidia Unknown.

anyone got any ideas to get this thing working? (google turned up a lot of Halo 2 stuff) :sigh:

2. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

You could try looking on the Bungie website to see if there are any issues with Halo CE running on Vista, I played it recently on my XP machine and it was fine.

The reason you'll find lots on Halo 2 for Vista is that its a Vista only game, it was supposed to be a flagship for the new operating system. Honestly, a 3 year old game (at the time), it was a direct port from an original X-Box game (virtually unchanged so I believe) and with no extras or updates to sweeten the prize - sheesh, who thought that would be a good idea?

I've tried my X-Box copy of Halo 2 on my 360 and it looks better than the Windows version.

3. wyx087

got it working in the end, choose safemode, then it loads, and select resolutions ect, finally re-launch it in normal mode, and it worked.

thanks for the reply, damn compatibility issues.

4. Dark_Master_Dragon

Dark_Master_Dragon Beware of my lair!!!

?

Have you tried Downloading the Patchs wat am i saying of course the patchs have nothing to do with that XD. Anyways it couldnt be not working because i have a window Vista computer as well and it works fine when i play Halo 1 by the way is Halo one on PC? and is it HALO COMBAT ENVOVLED?:eyebrow:

5. wyx087

the problem was in 64bit, i think.

got it working in the end, used safemode to configure the game, then ignoring the warning message and launched it.