1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Antec Nine Hundred Two (902)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 25 Feb 2009.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Tejstar

Tejstar What's a Dremel?

I was toying with the idea of buying the 900 as it seems decent enough value for money. However, the design seems a bit garish for me. Still given the cooling performance I'm getting tempted all over again with the 902.

3. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but damn that's an ugly case. (imo obviously).
    These 200mm fans and the like that a lot of cases have are all very nice for air cooling, but until there's radiators that are that big they're a bit of a wasted opportunity for watercoolers, that top mounted 200mm would be a perfect place for a rad but I suspect it would need quite a bit of modding to fit the gap without looking out of place.

4. CozaMcCoza

CozaMcCoza What's a Dremel?

I agree, this case is ugly as anything.

There should be a category for looks/style (Looks are very important when spending £100 on a case to hold your computer)

If I had that thing I'd want to hide it away under a desk or something even though it's got good build quality/performance

5. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

I'd decided on getting the Antec mini P180 but as I can't find a good AM2+ SB750 matx motherboard the 902 looks to be way to go.
    I think it looks awesome

6. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

ugly....... but interior with black paint is really nice.

there are radiators that is 200mm big, just to go Antec website they sell it.

7. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

I'm surprised that this wasn't compared to the original 900 - I can't say I like either of these cases. Especially the original. Good review though.

:D

8. antaresIII

antaresIII tephigram

Finally.
    Someone got brihter-only delta T (the same person doesn't need readers anymore to verify a simple algebra calculation; made a masters??)
    Anyway; what about writing how many decibels the case makes at given delta T; the second most important value??
    (instead of putting into what hardware to buy cases only on base of their looks and exclusive finish).
    Thanks

9. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

i dont hate it, its just utilitarian really. gamers want something that works and that lets people know their pc isn't a Dell and this does the trick for a good price - not that i'd have one ;)

500th post w00t!!111!

10. Undercloacker

Undercloacker AirFlow

its undoubtibly an exelent case, This would be my first option, buit since it got a nice lil' CM 830 stacker:p
    but anyway if i would like tyo change it, i would go for this one

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

We don't have appropriate testing facilities to accurately test noise level sorry. :)

12. antaresIII

antaresIII tephigram

I didn't suggest a chamber measurement; just an indicative one (a simple decibel meter in a storerom would do nicely; the only thing to awoid would be a haloween night; brooms and the like). A small investment for a big result. (especially for the best hardware site on the net).

Antares III

13. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Don't care how good the case is, its still uglyer than sin.

14. interzen

interzen Real men use chainsaws.

It's fugly.
    However, the combination of the cooling setup and a decent number of drive bays means this could be a contender for my not-yet-built fileserver. Appearances won't matter much though as it'll be shoved in a corner out of the way :)

15. antaresIII

antaresIII tephigram

I have an old pentium in the cupboard; I can plate it in gold and sell it to you for the price of the new i7 if you wish to have an ultimate machine.

16. Major

Major Guest

With would be so much better without the silly fan on the top. But apart from that it's a very nice looking case.

17. Zero_UK

Zero_UK What's a Dremel?

I think its pretty nice looking, yet I'm into more aggressive cases. Been trying to decide which case to get for my next build, been looking at some NZXT products, they look nice for me but quite a lot of features are missing etc. So think its down to this or the stacker.

18. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

great performance, great quality, butt-ugly case.

the fan on top is hurts my eyes and the side-panel is ogre-ugly....

take the top fan out, regular square window panel, then it's a solid performer.

and yes, i'm a Silverstone fan.

19. CozaMcCoza

CozaMcCoza What's a Dremel?

It needs curves. Anywhere will do (the fan doesn't count) but it needs them. It looks too clunky and appears to be a 1970 version of a futuristic looking case... Which is not good

20. Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann Disgruntled kumquat

hit-by-a-bus ugly and too small to comfortably fit big graphics cards? fail.

(edit) Does it have sharp metal bits on the inside as well? I remember tearing my hands up rather heavily in 900s... (/edit)

((LL V1200 = doubleplusgood ))

Tags: Add Tags