1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals 5.1 surround sound help

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Crazyglue, 1 Mar 2009.

1. Crazyglue

Crazyglue What's a Dremel?

ok, i have the logitech z-5300e 5.1 speakers, i got them about 2 or 3 years ago, and due to space restrictions have not been able to use them for about a year. i just brought them out again and am looking to get some 5.1 going again. the problem is that 4/6 channels are workign correctly, only the rear speakers are not producing sound. all the other speakers work properly with my sound card application (when i hit center speaker a sound gets played in ONLY the center speaker, etc.).

so my rear speakers are the only problem, i have checked the connections between all components, made sure the 5.1 switch on the sub was actually at 5.1 like 4 times, and have tried different ports on my mother board. my mobo is the gigabyte ga-ep45-ud3p, with the realtek azalia chip. i have also updated my drivers to the newest one from gigabyte's website.

any help? im out of ideas on what could be wrong.

2. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

Vista, XP, Other?

Are you using analog or digital?
    If analog, you should have 3 stereo mini jack connectors.

Is the sound card configured for 4 channels and not 5.1 channel by mistake?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 1 Mar 2009
  3. Crazyglue

Crazyglue What's a Dremel?

im using windows xp, it is analog and all three jacks are correctly plugged in. in the windows configuration i made sure it was in 5.1 mode like u showed in the picture. and then i used the realtek application to make sure everything was set up. when i went to test each speaker to see if it is working, only the back 2 are not working, ive tried putting different speakers in the plugs of the back 2 on the sub. and i also made sure the back speakers were actually plugged in. they are.

4. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

Then it sounds like your correctly setup :eyebrow:.

Possibility that, that audio port does not work?
    Try plug some headphones into the socket and try again, just be sure its not the cable or speakers.