1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware SilverStone Sugo SG03

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 4 Mar 2009.

1. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

Cute? It looks horrible, IMO.

2. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Looks well engineered, if nothing else.

3. shomann

shomann Minimodder

Umm...yeah, this is a microATX sized case...

Maybe you are thinking of the SG-05?

4. icutebluezone

icutebluezone The meaning of life is to MOD

Have this case and really like it. Doning a build in it at moment.

5. dylAndroid

dylAndroid is human?

It looks like the internal airflow and thermal management needs a more deliberate & effective design.

6. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

I think it's a ncie little case, perfect for a mid powered LAN box or perhaps a file server.

7. daveloft

daveloft What's a Dremel?

I have used this case for a year now and have had no thermal issues myself. I would recommend turning the power supply around and have it suck the hot air from around the CPU and out the back of the case. I can't understand why anyone would set it up the way you guys did. With no exhaust fan its no surprise the CPU got so hot. Setup carefully with good cable management this case can't be beat for size and versatility. I highly recommend this case especially for anyone looking for a good LAN box.

8. dec

dec [blank space]

"Aawww, it’s so small!" are you sure they were talking about your computer case? lol jk its a nice little case, now if only it could talk....

9. Gizmo1990

Gizmo1990 What's a Dremel?

Erm why is this old case being reviewed and not the SG04!?

10. knownballer

knownballer What's a Dremel?

Very good case, I've known about this one for a while now... I do have one suggestion: Instead of facing the psu towards the mesh flip it so the intake faces the cpu. That should bring down the temp a lot.

11. Richh999

Richh999 Small Time Modder

I think this case is cute. I was thinking about modding it to fit a full ATX mobo in.. If you cut the back panel off and then recut a piece of aluminium to fit it with a full atx layout and also re tap the screw holes on the mobo tray it would make a perfect high end lan rig with an i7 in or something similar.. Move the PSU up and add a powerful side fan for extra cooling as well as top fans. Could proberbly squeeze water cooling in too...

12. Bytales

Bytales What's a Dremel?

Can u guys please reply to the following question ? How much space is left between the video card and the fans, if 2x120mm fans and a 10.5" long video cards are installed, because i'm trying to figure out if a thing like this: http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?product_id=813 fits there, it would need 3cm to fit in between.

13. Richh999

Richh999 Small Time Modder

I have just done what I suggested in the post before hand and I had to remodify the front fan bracket thing to fit a radiator in there, I fitted the Black Ice GTS-Lite 240 which is identical to that one, you can pick one up at specialtech for £20 odd quid. You have to make sure that you don't want a cd drive, may be able to fit a slimline in though, as it goes up into the bay if you mount a fan on the top half like I have, however it may be different with a matx board as you PCI slots may be lower, not too sure if you have to go as high. I remade a whole new metal bracket for mounting it to the front. I may post pics when I have the chance. Its is very cramp in there as it is a full atx system with 2 9800gtx's and 4 hard drives.. But you can physically fit one in with some work but you can only mount one fan on it.

Last edited: 20 Apr 2009
  14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

The case has been returned, we couldn't tell you sorry. :(

Tags: Add Tags