1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Google launches Chrome Experiments

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 19 Mar 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. legoman666

legoman666 Beat to fit, paint to match.

Huzzah! I used Google Chrome for a while and loved it, it's great for multi-monitor systems. However, I got tired of all the ads and switched back to trusty Firefox with Adblock+. Can't wait to switch back.

3. Vhet

Vhet What's a Dremel?

"I got tired of all the ads and switched back to trusty Firefox with Adblock+"

That, and no chrome for my linux box. Yet <(^_^<)

4. RostokMcSpoons

RostokMcSpoons What's a Dremel?

If I could have Mouse Gestures, and be able to open groups of bookmarks with a single click, I'd use Chrome full time ... at least at home.

At work I'll stick with Opera. It gives me the flexibility turn off images at the click of an icon and also switch the Style to 'high contrast' which has the happy side-effect of making most web pages monochrome, therefore reducing the visibility of web pages at a distance... so it's less obvious to passing managers when I'm taking a break ;)

5. zelachang

zelachang What's a Dremel?

If you like chrome but miss adblock, look up Privoxy. Its not a plugin but filters ads just the same. After using chrome+privoxy I hate going back to FF as its so slow and heavy.

6. amacieli

amacieli What's a Dremel?

Disappointed with Chrome. Crashes all the time - after the millionth "aw, snap" message on YouTube or Google Maps or some PDF, I uninstalled with prejudice. Is fast, though. Also, don't like it's bookmarking system at all - not sure I've seen any browser that does it well, though even IE8 and Opera do it better. Agree with earlier poster about FF getting heavy...

7. Vhet

Vhet What's a Dremel?

Amacieli, judging by your IE8, are you on windows 7? Try it on another OS, chrome on windows 7 is epic fail.

8. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

Last edited: 19 Mar 2009
  9. Vhet

Vhet What's a Dremel?

Sorry, sorry. I haven't had any coffee today :(

EDIT: "In other news, IE8 went gold today... " -ICWUTUDIDTHAR. Vhet sees all, knows all.

Last edited: 19 Mar 2009
Tags: Add Tags