1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Anima Mundi Redux - March 30th, 2009

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by endscape, 28 Aug 2008.

1. endscape

endscape Minimodder

A good drill press is worth its weight in gold. Anyone who is seriously into modding should make the investment. Going from my old drill press (the gray one hiding in the corner) to this new press has been like night and day. The old press wasn't bad by any means, but the grizzly press is beefier in every sense.

Im extremely lucky to have all the tools I do. Anyway, I like how the T line turned out, I'm glad I took the time to remake it until I got it right.

2. masbuskado

masbuskado Compulsive Modder

Just an amazing job...!!!
    personally like the rotary light on the bottom... Nice work!!!

3. endscape

endscape Minimodder

Thanks! The base light turned out pretty well. I would probably re do it, just to fix a couple minor issues, but I'm out of white LED's.

Small text update. I've been ironing out kinks in the watercooling system and doing the final prep before paint (the exterior work comes AFTER paint, no hints), as well as working on the PSU. In the process of rewiring the power supply I proceeded to kill both the Antec PSU I was going to use for Anima Mundi and the motherboard and processor that was going in.

Anima Mundi will go on, it just wont have a computer to go in it. Anyone happen to have a mATX motherboard and PSU laying around they want to get rid of?

4. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

This is looking really nice so far :)
    Can't wait for the finished product.

You have quite an impressive workshop there too. :thumb:

5. endscape

endscape Minimodder

Hey kids, just a small update. I've been in and out of the hospital with chronic kidney stones, and a gun shot wound. Its been big fun. But I'm feeling better and I'm getting back to modding. I've got a couple weeks of recovery time before I'll be 100%, but I should be able to get it painted and all finished up.

I've redesigned the exterior, and I cant afford to pickup the color of LED's I want, so I'm sticking with blue. Updates coming Sunday.

6. FrooP

FrooP can I eat this?

holy hell, you got shot? i hope youll recover soon (and tell us how this happened)

7. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

Kidney stones are horrible. Thats why I have been bed ridden for the last few dies.
    Good to hear that things are getting better.

8. redders

redders What's a Dremel?

Lovely mod, sir.

Great attention to detail. As many have already said, the fillport is a beauty, and the beveling on the hdd bay mount and the psu shelf was a really nice touch. The new bolts you got too were well worth whatever you paid for them!

I've seen a few transparent cases before, and many look untidy and messy. I have to say you have done an excellent job so far in keeping everything looking clean and neat, especially given the cube is pretty small!

I hope you finish recovering swiftly and I look forward to reading the latest updates. I'm particularly intrigued by the mystery finishing material...

Oh, and I'm very jealous of your workshop. :naughty:

9. endscape

endscape Minimodder

This isn't the first time I've been on the wrong end of a bullet. I have this bad habit of telling the truth to people who I probably shouldn't, and I have no issues pushing back. It all culminates in my being shot. Once in the chest, once in the flank, and twice in the lower back. Yes, the ****er shot me in the back while I was down.

Its been a month and a half long process to take care of them. Had four that were too big to pass normally, so they had to blow them up with a laser. It was big fun.

I'm afraid the mystery finish is not as amazing as I had planned. Money has become scarce because of medical bills. I've still got something up my sleeve...

10. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

I am very sorry to hear about your recent "inconveniences".

11. headala

headala What's a Dremel?

Whoa, that's intense, I hope you get better soon. Modding is the least thing you need to be worrying about right now! But we'll be waiting (anxiously) for your return.

12. nagyizom

nagyizom Minimodder

Great work so far, very nice plexywork! I'm looking foward to see the final pics:thumb:

13. endscape

endscape Minimodder

Thanks! I'm healing nicely.

Modding is a good distraction, so I'm glad to get back to it.

Final pictures should be coming within the next month.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. omicron

omicron Baud.

Looking good, subbed.
    Heal up quick.

15. Spoooon

Spoooon What's a Dremel?

Looking really nice up to now !

16. The boy 4rm oz

Paint job looks very nice.

17. endscape

endscape Minimodder

Thanks!

It turned out pretty well. Its tough to keep the dust off of though. There are a couple of trouble spots that I need to patch up.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tried to get a picture of the finish, but I couldn't get a decent shot. And this thing is a dust MAGNET.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. endscape

endscape Minimodder

So I'm lighting up the feet a little bit. Well...a lot. But that's besides the point. Turns out I used the wrong resistor for my LED circle on the bottom, so its about 1/4 as bright as it should be. I'm hacking it up tomorrow to fix that and augmenting it with some lighting in the feet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's some proper photos. I'm not happy with the edge finish on the top panel, so I'm going to have to go to town on it and try to get some of the deeper scratches out of it. I'll probably repaint it after I'm done.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My awesome photography setup! I need to grab the other work light to actually balance the light, but I'm not that picky at this point.

[​IMG]

19. .Fatality.

.Fatality. What's a Dremel?

the last photo are cool! :D!

20. The boy 4rm oz

Man those feet look sweet.