1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Anyone here use o2 broadband?

Discussion in 'General' started by C4FF, 12 Feb 2009.

1. BUFF

BUFF What's a Dremel?

I've never had problems with VMs service but their billing department has been doing my head in for months to the point that I've said stuff it & as of in about a week I'll no longer be with them for internet (I went O2 upto 18Mb which is actually proving to be ~11-12Mb for me or very similar to the VM 10Mb that I was on).

2. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

What are your line stats? Have you removed your bell wire?

3. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

after just under a week of having O2 broadband i've only got one complaint but i doubt it's O2's fault.

Have any of you had any issues with your internet not connecting? mine doesn't so i reboot into safe mode with networking then reboot back into windows and it works. when i set the connection up i had problems and phoned tech support, he went through some things and this was one of them that fixed it. Problem is it's a bit of a pain in the ass to boot up twice everytime i need to use the pc.

any ideas?

4. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

Sounds like it could be the tcp/ip stack having a brain fart, without more info I would suggest forcing it to reset itself using the following commands;

start a command prompt by going to start>Run... and typing in 'cmd'
    once in a command prompt type the following;

Code:
    netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
    this will rewrites pertinent registry keys that are used by the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) stack to achieve the same result as the removal and the reinstallation of the protocol.