1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows [F.E.A.R.: Extraction Point] Any players? Opinions?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by DarkCreep, 20 Nov 2006.

1. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

play and finish the original, play etraction point, leave persius mandate and completly ignore the bollocks sequal and you should be ok :)

2. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Still only played the original, but I love it to bits. It's such a lengthy and repetitive game, I never found cause to try any of the series' continuations - FEAR 1 was plenty for me. In fact...

*reinstalls

3. DarkCreep

DarkCreep What's a Dremel?

Repetitive yes lol. I got tired of walking through hallways and looking for med packs and guns. Not enough shooting if you ask me.

One thing I didn't like is that you always knew you were going to have a big battle. Because right before it, you would happen to find tons of guns, ammo, bombs, med packs, and armor... Ummm I wonder whats going to happen next?

4. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Fear 2 is nowhere near as repetitive as the first but alas nowhere near as long. Still well worth playing though as it's thoroughly actioned packed.

5. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Haven't Tried FEAR 2 yet, but I loved the 1st one and Extraction Point, and even though I have Perseus Mandate, I haven't had the time to install it yet.(Ironically I'm addicted to modding Crysis, and playing Rome:Total War Again).

The Original FEAR had pretty good scaring moments, but after a while, it got old.

Though the Hospital Level in Extraction Point was effing scary.

On a random note, The Condemned Series to me is far scarier, but less action packed and more gritty too.

6. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Condemned 1 was top banana, still haven't finished the second as it didn't quite grip me as much.

7. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

*fac51 casts Scroll of Resurrection :)

If Angry British Homosexual is to be believed, it goes bat-**** insane towards the end and turns into a daft supernatural/sci-fi/end-of-the-world story, so you probably saved yourself some grief there.

Condemned 1 was good judging by the demo, but I could see the entire game was gonna consist of the same gameplay so I didn't buy it. It's really cool, but I wouldn't wanna spend an entire game creeping around in the dark crapping my pants. Too stessful. Horror games don't have to be constantly brick-enducing - Penumbra: Overture, for example, is epic because the scares are small and sudden, rather than constant and mentally draining.

In fact I reckon Penumbra is the only horror game I've actually liked for its horror elements so far. Biggest fail on the wagon was Doom 3 I think :(

Tags: