1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retro Played Counter-Strike for the first time last night

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Action_Parsnip, 17 Apr 2009.

1. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

Way back in the day people said it was "realistic". ex. The DE. I've shot the real steel .50 and that thing's a cannon. 1H/2H it doesn't matter, it recoils so hard it wouldn't come close to being a practical or a tactical gun. People still attempt to bunny hop...in almost every FPS lol.

In the end they're all video games and nothing compared to real combat.

2. knuck

knuck Hate your face

The gameplay is broken , it's always been broken. Nothing feels right in this game, the movements are all weird and players just learned to deal with them.

CS was the first of its kind and it was fun teamplay at the time, but it's never been a good game per say. The sound is stupid as well since you can hear almost anything through concrete walls, obviously depending on the distance. It's actually the opposite of cod4 in which you can't hear enough

Anyways, I've had some fun in CS over time, mostly by headshotting people, but I still hate the fact that the less you move, the more chance you have to live and kill. It's just lame

I guess the fact that I was born a UT player simply makes me incompatible with CS-like games :)

3. Mr Mario

Mr Mario What's a Dremel?

I used to play loads of cs, a few friends and myself had our own clan/server and stuff, but after not playing it for a couple of years, I now really suck at it. Still a great game though, hope they bring out a new one soon.

4. Action_Parsnip

Action_Parsnip What's a Dremel?

i read this quite often: people either loving or hating battlefield. Why do you hate it? I mean, capture the flag with vehicles is the most enduringly entertaining multiplayer fps type.

5. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

I hate CTF and vehicles have nothing to do in an FPS game... :)

I should add, that I dislike most other multiplayer "FPS" games as well. Any installment of UT leaves me cold. Tried ET:Quake Wars at a friend's (he had even bought two copies). We played perhaps 30 minutes, then we were both fed up.

For some reason the game styles (defuse, hostages and assassination) of CS are the only ones I really like. I don't even like those custom-made game styles (Warcraft, Superhero etc.).

For me it's the EXACT opposite.

Last edited by a moderator: 19 Apr 2009
  6. Mr. Beta

Mr. Beta Minimodder

I know the feeling. CSS was a nice change from the old boring games but once COD4 came out, I forgot about CSS. What about COD5? Any opinions on that? I didn't care for it as much and still play 4 most of the time.

And yes, you can one hand a DE. I used to do it all the time. One handed accuracy isn't worth much and it's nearly impossible with an 8 lb hand cannon Much fun though. :thumb: I owned one until someone kicked in my door and walked out with it...

7. tominated

tominated What's a Dremel?

freaking love cs 1.6. have a game with friends every few days. It's more fun when you put a dot of blu-tak in the centre of your monitor too

8. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

I thought it was a complete waste of time, the single-player really didn't work with me, COD4 was just much more playable than the stilted slow COD5. And COD4 multiplayer is just much slicker. I <3 Sabotage.

Holy **** I do not want to live where you live.

9. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

i still play css quite a bit sure its dated but its over 4 years old and if you look at the servers and the amount of people still playing it then surley thats a sign of a great game, my favorite multiplayer is still call of duty 2 though

10. Mr. Beta

Mr. Beta Minimodder

Because I owned a DE or because it was stolen? :D

11. SkiDave

SkiDave Minimodder

I never really got into CS, I just didn't really like it. I have always COD4 though! but COD5 doesn't do it for me. I can't wait for COD6 later this year (hopefully multiplayer weapon balance will be sorted out)

12. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Gave it another shot the other day, well, at college, did pretty well. Granted I was playing the rest of my class and I don't they've ever used the WASD keys (360 players), but hey ho, we were playing 1.6, was quite fun.

13. format

format What's a Dremel?

I still play this game almost every day, it's a classic IMO.

14. hodgy100

hodgy100 Minimodder

I agree I recently started playing it with some mates and although i suck (we are talking 7-20) i enjoy it alot, its good fun!

15. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

The gameplay is not broken. WTF are you talking about nothing feels right? That's strictly opinionated.

We learned to deal with it? What?!

It's always been a good game since it's release, you simply did not like it.

The less you move, the more chance you have to live and kill? No. Players who are moving actually have the advantage thanks to a netcode bug.

By all means, please feel free to post more opinions in wording that makes them sound like fact. I suggest everyone disregard the quoted post as it is total BS.

16. freedom810

freedom810 Minimodder

You cant really compare CS to many games, especially not COD4, that game is lets face it, stupidly easy, my mum could play it and I bet she would get half way in the scoreboard. Too many noobs. Counterstrike is a different ball game, I played it for months and still found I was absolute bollox. I must have done actually well on like one occasion.

On a side note, I <3 Scout.

17. knuck

knuck Hate your face

That's exactly what I mean when i say people learned to deal with the broken parts of the game.

Yes it is my opinion, obviously. I won't pretend to say pure facts. I just say what I think of the game. Why are you being so aggressive ? Jeez

18. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Why are you agreeing with me, you claimed the complete opposite. Or did you forget.

19. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

20. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Well that's the real trick - finding a place to play without asshats. I gave up on that years ago, which is why I no longer play online games (except with people I know in person).