1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows I need some help with bluescreen message

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Boxcarhobo, 19 Apr 2009.

1. Boxcarhobo

Boxcarhobo What's a Dremel?

Since yesterday my pc has been crashing on every 5 minutes its on or something ,then i get a bluescreen saying :

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    then
    STOP: 0x00000000A (0x000000008,0x000000001C,0x000000001,0x804E9013)
    Im kind of concerned becouse i need that pc for work.Tried running it on safe mode but it still crashes.And thing is it started happening since yesterday.What can i do to make it run stable?

Thanks!

2. trigger

trigger Procrastinator

If I recall correctly this is usually either bad hardware or drivers. I think you should also have a bit under that message saying something like "Address BLAH had base at BLAH.FILE". If you are getting that as well, the FILE bit will point you towards what's causing the problem.

Have you added any hardware lately? Or installed new drivers? Anything like that...?

3. Boxcarhobo

Boxcarhobo What's a Dremel?

Nop i havent.It started happening after the kick yesterday tho :p

4. trigger

trigger Procrastinator

Perhaps something has come a bit loose after you kicked it then. Try reseating your RAM and maybe any graphics and PCI cards you have.

5. EnglishLion

EnglishLion working for the good of mankind...

1. If it's overclocked - go back to default
    2. Open the case Refit memory/add-in cards (graphics sound etc)
    3. Blow dust out from the PSU, CPU fan and graphics card fan with canned air or similar.
    4. Try unplugging any non-essential USB devices.

If non of this helps then it may be more serious. As it crashes in safe mode, I wouldn't suspect a driver problem so it looks like hardware. What's your system specs?

6. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

If all else fails, give it another kick.

7. Kúsař

Kúsař regular bit-tech reader

Unplug fans before you do that or you might "blow up" few transistors as well :) . Or make sure they don't spin too fast.

8. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

I think PC fans have diodes inside which only allow current flow in the right direction.

9. Dave Penguin

Dave Penguin O hai.

This happened with me a while ago. It seemed to be RAM related- at least, in my situation it was. The way I managed to reliably stop this error from appearing was to unseat all the RAM, and re-install it one pair at a time.

Another good indicator is the first hex reference in the "STOP" line. If it's always 0x00000000A, it's really very likely to be either CPU or RAM. If this number changes with each crash, then you could be looking at something like overheating (due to poor cooling, a fan not spinning up to full speed etc), or a faulty cable connection.

Unfortunately, it's just one of those annoying errors where we can't say for 100% certain precisely what is causing it: it could really be so many things. The above ideas are good educated guesses, but as with any problem like this, just retrace all steps, check all connections, and try removing / replacing things one at a time until you have the culprit identified. Best of luck to solving this!

10. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

It's been RAM for me too; either running it too fast or a stick gone bad.