1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning T-virus

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Degenerate83, 18 Apr 2009.

1. Degenerate83

Degenerate83 What's a Dremel?

Hi all!!!

ok ive been planning this project for about a month or two now. one thing i have always wanted was a test bench style pc, as i love to swap out hardware and lets be honest cases can be a damn pain sometimes. so while i was looking at some amazing lookin benches from dimastech i thought...i can do that really! so i have gone about on the planning off this.

inspiration comes in many forms...firstly my love of the resident evil series... so a few t virus strains will no doubt pop up here and there... and water cooling, i want to utilise something that is really quick at swapping out..

ok a few sketch up ideas...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

as you can see the whole motherboard and it i/o ports are contained inside the glas cassing. i will be making a part on the side which will plug into these and will be wired to the case side......alot off work i know but worth it all the same..
    most off the case will be made out off aluminium to keep it as light as poss and have 3 seperate cooling loops

this project will not be a quick fix done in a few weeks job, after costing i think its a good 9month job but it will be updated whenever something new happen to it! i will transfer all off this over to work logs next month when materials have been bought.

Hardware wise i will most likely be using all my current equipment
    so thats
    asus P5e, 4 gb ozc reaper, intel e8200 (might up it q6600?)
    water equipment will be bought around what type of graphics i can pick up... and im hoping to use the koolance quick disconects to make life simple for swapping out hardware in the future..

the helix or t-virus if you will im most likely going to be using uv tinted plexi rod....

will be making custom resevoirs to but havent decided on the style off these as yet.

and now for a quick render!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the side panels will all be quick release style to allow access in the double layer in side... bottom is for power and rads, pumps etc while the middle will be hdd sliding tray and dvd. this is where most off the wires will be also which i intend to hide in small boxed trunking.

With the side panels im hoping to find a really good airbrush artist who's willing to take on this momoth project as will be wanting a complete custom design with inspiration taken from the films and games of resident evil

with this im also looking at placing a slide out, flip up keyboard and a 6-8inch moniter as well so can be used away from home. at events and displays like these
    http://images.maplin.co.uk/full/a56fb_with-hand.jpg
    http://www.flyonthewall.uk.com/erol.html?373x1525

as i said i will be purchasing materials in few weeks to get started and get this project really on the go.

Last edited: 20 Apr 2009
  2. Mr. Beta

Mr. Beta Minimodder

I love Resident Evil more than I will say.

You could coil your loop into a helix and use two different color leds to color the fluid.

3. Degenerate83

i was going to consider this but i can be very dificult to bend the tube without them kinking and especially if they are tube not rods.. i would beed to put a sping down or even sand..

i am in the middle of measuring out all the materials that i will be need for this. so far its not actually to bad. and surprising ive managed to locate some pretty cheap places for aluminium on the net.

one other thing i was considering was to put a digital lock into this so once the lid was on it would lock. and have to type a code in to unlock but that seems difficult and also very expensive.

i have drawn up a few more sketches so when i have time i will scan them and post them up

4. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

wow cant wait to see this hit the project log section! any idea how your going to get the bends in the helix's right? good luck dude :rock:

5. Degenerate83

ha cheers man ......see comments like this are always apprichiated!

they logical way to bend the helix is to lock them into place top and bottom, either side of a metal bar with a few mm gap (copper is best) and heat them up slowly and twist. this way its a perfect helix with a good space running down the middle.:D it may sound complicated but i assure you its not that bad.

now back to sketch up:D

6. Degenerate83

just a quick idea of the res and pump combo

going to be using liang pump will have a custom res made something like this... its not perfect but gives you an idea

[​IMG]

will have a render up shortly

7. Degenerate83

here u go

quick render for you all.. not amazing quality i know

[​IMG]

but it gives an impression off what the final product will be like... let me know what you all think?

cheers

8. Degenerate83

hi again

was thinking about this all day... keyboard touch moniter draw

[​IMG]

was just a really quick sketchup, need to think about how it will open automaticly when button at front is depressed.