1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News New TF2 update hints at radical game changes

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 21 Apr 2009.

1. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Wetsander

Personally, I really don't like that weapon deletion is *permanent*. Why, why WHY!? Why must we listen to noobs whine when they didn't know they couldn't earn them back?

2. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

I disagree because they don't give a definite edge to one player over another with a few exceptions, there are only a few of unlockable weapons that are worth pursuing, which are backburner, sandvich, ubersaw, and the blutsauger.

3. general22

general22 What's a Dremel?

I disagree as well, pretty much the only unlocks worth getting are the kritzkrieg, blutsager, backburner and natascha. Pretty much all the other weapons and all the scout unlocks are useless. The real changes were the upgradeable teleporters and dispensers and the fact that spy's can now pick up ammo to extend the cloaking time.

So maybe new players might feel they are missing out but the unlockables aren't that good that they give you a massive advantage over other players. I play the scout with standard weapons and often find that I usually win out against scouts equipped with the unlocks.

4. Saivert

Saivert Minimodder

You guys are hilarious. Please play the game before you comment on it. You have no clue whatsoever if you talk about unlocks giving an advantage. Valve specifically designed the unlocks so they would not give the player an advantage and throw off the balance. They have playtested this and released fixes based on feedback from gamers.
    And it's not Valve's fault if you didn't play this game when it was released. Not that it prevents you from picking up the game later on. Besides who cares what you guys think. I'm having a blast playing it at least and that's all that matters.

5. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Now we aren't self-centred, are we? :lol:

6. Jojii

Jojii hardware freak

Self-centred arn't now we are?

7. CowBlazed

CowBlazed What's a Dremel?

They are right though, the weapons do not give you any inherit advantages. They can be really good yes, just like all the regular weapons can be really good if you take the time to play the game.

Any feeling of being "left behind" is all in your guys heads, if you just suck thats a different story, can't blame other people for playing and enjoying the game to its fullest when you couldn't be bothered. Besides, I've introduced a few friends to the game since the updates came out and they're having a blast, didn't take them too long to get good either after watching me play.

Valve has done a great job with the TF2 updates and should be commended.

8. Infection

Infection Gaming Fanatic

Grenades, no way, they where removed from the original release for a reason.

Tags: Add Tags