1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: PrometheusCU - Update #54 - May 28 2010 - Video Teaser

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Langer, 18 Jul 2008.

1. spenc259

spenc259 in the build stage!!!

Hey Langer will you be upgrading the CPU to a Phenom II? not sure if it is compatable but from the research you may need a bios upgrade?

not sure if you have mentioned it before now. ive been keeping upto date but just cant remember!

2. mrb_no1

mrb_no1 Pie Eater

dude, i must have spent 3 hrs reading the entire thread and its awesome....and one thing that i found simply beautiful was the cable management, with those black sheaths you put on the power cabling, and then routed them up the side of the mobo tray, it was soo simple and yet looked really good imo, as cable management is normally hidden rather than being 'tidy' so to speak.

I'd like to be a modder but dont have the skillz to do these sorts of things, i cut a few holes for bigger fans etc and dabble but you have got a real talent there mate. kudos.

i'm gunna be starting my first w/c built in a few weeks as summer is coming and my q6600 clocked at 3.5 on air is getting too warm already, so some water should hopefully keep it cool and make my case even quiter. Thats how i found your thread, i was scoping for aquacomputer users to see what they have done as thats who i think i'll be going with for just about everything in my build.

before i commit to the buy in a few weeks i might need some gaurantees on what i'm getting, would you mind if i buzzed you with a pm for your thoughts, i'll probably be creating a support or hardware thread anyway, but just incase?! anyways, dont waste your time saying thankyou to me for saying that you have some l333t modding skillz, i've read your thankyou's to others too many times, just save that time for gracing us with pictures of your fantastic mod.

peace out

fatman

3. Atheistmunk

Atheistmunk planing future mod

any updates?

4. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

Thanks guys.

Still waiting on my possessions to be shipped from Toronto. They're supposed to be here Friday... which means they'll probably be here Monday/Tuesday.

5. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Of what month? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

john

6. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Aw, c'mon, John! Just because you and The Langer had a couple of problems with shipping things once or twice... :p

7. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

dont you mean 'what year'

8. jhanlon303

Jesse may have his Master's degree in Modding, but his track record on shipping will kill his grade point average. I hope there isn't anything in the Post he needs before classes start. Doomed I say.

john

9. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

Rofl.

I've got everything I need =). (luckily)

I scheduled to have my skid picked up the day I left for BC.

I just want my copper!!! I want to get to filing (in my hotel room...)

10. jhanlon303

Be sure to tip the cleaning staff!
    CU droppings on the carpets get the staff annoyed.

john

11. barry99705

barry99705 sudo rm -Rf /

Not as much as dog droppings. :duh:

12. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

Wow... It's been ages since I've been here, and this mod is still ongoing...

That's impressive determination... I'd have probably given up a long time ago... :p

Still loving the mod, and the idea of it, though..

13. DonT-FeaR

DonT-FeaR I know what a fk'n Dremel is ok.:D

/\ lol at convo above.. u guys crack me up..

14. aevitas

aevitas What's a Dremel?

x2 John seems to be the "cause" of it all :worried:

Awesome stuff man, read the thread a couple times :thumb:

15. disturbed13

disturbed13 What's a Dremel?

hay Langer
    something caught my attention
    when you 'let the cat out of the bag' about your next project
    in your parts list you have 2 4870x2s
    See
    and the mobo doesnt have any PCIEx16 2.0 slots on it
    did i just ruin the surprise?
    or make everyone miserable by waiting to see what happens with this mod
    when PrometheusCU isnt even done yet

16. jhanlon303

This john guy seems to the "cause" of many discussions. Must be a great guy.

me

17. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Well if you look at the picture you can see 2x PCI-E x16 slots and 3x PCI-E x8 slots, so I would say they would fit in.

EDIT: and if you google the part name, the first link is Tyans website showing a picture with arrows pointing to the PCI-E slots.

18. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Had to dig this up from the 3rd page! god dam it Langer where is are update! lol!

19. jhanlon303

Last message I got he was skooling from 7:30AM to Midnight and seems to be setteling in well at skul.

john

20. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

Thanks for the concern, let me assure you that all is well - I did fracture a rib in to places... but it's not slowing me down any.
    I haven't had a computer set up in my hotel until today - and I try and dedicate my school time to scholastic pursuits.

My possessions arrive weds this week and I only just today had the opportunity to dive into the boxes.
    Only damage: The Styrofoam cooling tank for my still got crushed, and the worst thing that could possibly happen (not really but I'm still incredibly pissed off) the decals on my mint-condition 1982 Bianchi Pro Limited -my bicycle- got scratched in transit!!! If it's not apparent... I love my bike, and I spent a very long time tracking down all the parts to assemble it.

As John so poinently stated above... I'm a mad man at school - I make sure I'm there 12-18hrs a day, never fail. I really enjoy what I study, and Love the atmosphere (Digital Design at Vancouver Film School, for those wondering).
    I'm a bit of a keener because I want to graduate with honors... and hopefully be able to study under one of my Photoshop idols.

The boring crap out of the way...

My first task will be to file all this copper - get'r bent - then assembly will begin.

I'll be back at it and full force over the coming weeks, expect updates and what I'm sure will be large piles of copper filings strewn about my hotel (sorry Hyat!) soon.
    Also I can offer some killer videos now that I have access to VancouverFilmSchools amazing production facilities and HD cameras.

Tune in soon.
    -Jesse