1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics My video card collection's website - The Golden Era of 3D Acceleration

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by [EOCF] Tim, 3 May 2009.

1. [EOCF] Tim

[EOCF] Tim What's a Dremel?

Hi,

Some of you might know me on here, some not.

My name is Timber (or Tim for short) and I’ve been collecting video cards for quite some time now. Back in December I decided to make a website for my collection. It’s called The Golden Era of 3D Acceleration, and it covers all high end graphics cards from the very beginning of 3D in 1994, to 2003. The site contains many retail cards and also some very rare pieces of hardware, including prototypes.

This is purely a hobby, I’m not a 3D professional in any way, I’ve just got a big passion for 3D acceleration, games, and the hardware that runs them.

My goal is to keep this part of early 3D acceleration alive, sort of like a hardware museum if you like.

I don’t particularly like websites that are a work in progress, but I had to choose from either showing my collection already, or wait a long time for all the info on the cards to be completed.

Please have a look, and let me know what you think of it, either on here, or via tga3dx@gmail.com

The main picture gallery is under “The Collection – Golden Era” and then select the appropriate year.

www.tga3dx.com

Thanks! :)

2. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

3. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Nice website, I've got some card with a huge chip that has 'Trident' written across it, and a 3DRage one, dunno how old they are or anything. the 3DRage one ran Half-Life pretty well back in the day.

4. [EOCF] Tim

[EOCF] Tim What's a Dremel?

Very impressive card, wasn't exactly made for gaming though hehe. :D