1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Rumour: Apple to takeover EA?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 5 May 2009.

1. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

Hell no, i hate apple and their proprietary attitude and need to control everything, most overrated company on the planet.

2. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

S'alright, EA made a decent game for years anyways....

3. s3v3n

s3v3n MMO Cold Turkey -fail

How about a pilot with H1N1

4. naokaji

naokaji whatever

QFT.

5. nukeman8

nukeman8 What's a Dremel?

Dont see what the fuss is, EA cant get any worse at making games at it is anyway.
    They ruin any franchise they get their hands on

6. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Yes but at least they're not Mac only, prioritize exterior box looks over software quality, and charge you more for the Apple logo than the actual product.

7. ZERO <ibis>

ZERO <ibis> Minimodder

Did you think it was the end of the era of good games?
    Did you think that nothing could be worse than EA?
    Do stay awake at night wondering how or if EA can make gaming worse?

WELL THINK AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!1111111111

Coming to a depressing reality near you! It is Apple Electronic Arts! Do the cost of games have you down well uplift your spirits with higher prices! Is captain bland's monotonous adventures not exciting enough, well how about if we add RAINBOWS! Are free mods actually making your game half way worth buying well now you can buy these mods for a price greater than free at only $.99! Who needs to enjoy playing the game when you could have fun opening the box and looking at a marvel of corporate packaging! The disc is even reflective so you can use it as a mirror to look at the packaging from cool angles and even locate expired coupons that you only dream of using!

*Apple games will only work on approved apple products and are guarantied to be 100% unoffensive. Games bought over igames can only be played on 3 computers or you will need to rebuy the game. If your game is not working it is recommended that you buy it again via igames. If your HDD gets corrupted you can not download the game again without rebuying it. It is therefore recommended that you backup all of your games, for such a need apple makes the apple backup server for $10,000 sold separately. Apple backup server backups 10 games and additional backup space can be unlocked from the device for only $.99 per GB! As an added bonus the apple backup server can **** rainbows! If these devices or your lost money does not make you feel good you likely suffer from depression and are therefore qualified for apple anti depressants made from real rainbows. Check you local drugstore for details.

Volund likes this.
  8. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

you win an ecookie :rock:

9. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

lol ea apple.. I don't really care! about anything anymore really

they should just rename the company grabbag.. hire a bunch of swindlers and poker players to run it.. next big title crysis:mac special edition

10. shomann

shomann Minimodder

I am a Mac fan and even I see this as a bad idea...

...unless Apple thinks that they can market and move their own console. That would be interesting, but very likely to be full of epic fail. I see the applications that Mac has written for the PC vs. their Mac counterparts and I am pretty sure that Apple hasn't a clue in making decent Windows-based software, let alone games (You could argue that EA would be making the software, but you know Apple would have to throw its UI hat into the ring - fine when you control every part of the OS underneath it).

As far as affording it, aren't they sitting on 14-15 billion in cash? I know that isn't enough alone, but that's without any other outside involvement.

11. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

meh, got my Hackintosh ready for whatever OS they throw at me.

on a related note, gaming on Mac sucks. Apple needs to stop selling those awful mighty mouse and start market more on those Razor gaming mouse for Mac (aka, white edition)

12. rhuitron

rhuitron Bump? What Bump?

Oh sweet Baby jesus, NO!

Why would a great VIDEO gaming company, give their name to a company that has Hardly ANY experience with video gaming?

13. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

There's no way I'd every buy a EA game again if Apple owned it

not because Apple owned it, because Apple would make the dumbest game possible. Pin the tail on the Donkey 3D, or Dust That Surface, or Wash My Car Interactive Online Multi Player....

14. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I hope you mean 'great' as in 'great big', or we're just gonna have a big falling out.

15. Turbotab

Turbotab I don't touch type, I tard type

I can imagine it now, Grand Theft Smug, where you get points for using your smug fanboy powers, to force people to buy overpriced hardware

16. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

Thing is, this confuses me...

EA = one of the most hated gaming companies about
    Apple = expensive + proprietry and anti-consumer attitude but nice products.

If the two did merge i really can't see what would end up happening...

would Apple make EA worse or maybe vice versa, or perhaps they'd counter each other out a bit and make both companies better... :confused:

I'm so confused! :lol:

17. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

Or the 2 evils could combine and form the Antichrist?

Tags: Add Tags