1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retro Fave all 70s-80s games

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by numanoid, 9 May 2009.

1. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

As good as it was I don't think I would like to play it now. I think it would ruin the memories.

2. Jux_Zeil

Jux_Zeil What's a Dremel?

Just remembered a fave on the Amiga, Carrier Command. Looks like it's getting a remake of the major kind as well:
    http://www.carriercommand.com/
    YEEHAA!

3. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

normally I'd agree but a friend of mine keeps raving about Eve on-line and I keep telling him its a blatant rip off from elite frontier just made up to date so i want to just double check my facts in case my memories going

4. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Exactly my sentiment.

I thought it was great at the time, I don't want to be disappointed by comparing it to modern day games which I think it would be impossible not to, even subconsciously.

5. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

It's all about Cannon Fodder and Jet Set Willy!

Ah, fond memories of frantically searching through manuals looking for the 5th word on the 4the line of the 2nd paragraph on page 22, only to miscount and have to start all over again!

6. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

1943: The Battle of Midway, Invincible Island, Tomahawk, Chuckie Egg and Manic Miner all for the ZX Spectrum.

1943 was the first game that gave me RSI from repeatedly mashing the space bar. At the time, mum's electric oven would trip out the house power when it got up to temperature; I spent a lot of time looking at loading screens.

7. books

books What's a Dremel?

There is going to be a new Elite game :) It might take a few years though, but it will happen apparently. I personally missed the first game, but then I got "Frontier: Elite 2". I was so hooked on that game...

Very early on for me, I had a Sinclair Spectrum, and I remember: Horrace Goes Skiing, Chequered Flag, Double Dragon, Scuba, and a few others which were even better but I can't remember their names :(

I got a PC at a really young age because my parents had one and I used play games on it. That's where my gaming memories are most focused. Those games are mostly late 80's early 90's though, so I won't list them or I'd have to check the dates of them all.

8. el_diablo_72

el_diablo_72 What's a Dremel?

I also started with the Spectrum and have to say Tir Na Nog and Fairlight although nearly anything by Ultimate was top quality!

www.zxspectrum.net will let you play many of them now in your browser.

9. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

They've been saying that for a long, long time now so I wouldn't hold your breath :p

10. Jenny_Y8S

Jenny_Y8S Guest

11. books

books What's a Dremel?

Yeah. They are making a game at the moment called The Outsider, and they said that they developed some technology for that game and they want to use that in Elite4, so once they finished this game they should be ready to go. The Outsider is still a while off though, and then Elite4 could probably take 4 years or so, so yeah.. it could even be several years or more. Just the thought that it will happen some day is good enough for me though :)