1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Need a new Side door for CM 832 / advice on how to fix existing side door

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by dev00790, 11 May 2009.

1. dev00790

dev00790 Pure chocolate. Pure Power.

Hi. (Sorry if this is in wrong section!)

I have an 832 stacker. I sat on my left side door of the case by mistake last year, resulting in one of the corners being slightly bent. It will not slide back on the the stacker now because of this. :wallbash: My right hand side door has no damage.

I wondered if anyone could give some advice on either: how to mend (the bend is about 30 degrees off from vertical), or whether if someone knows where to buy another? - I've searched around a bit online, and second hand seem quite hard to find atm..

dev00790

2. roblikesbeer

roblikesbeer Bindi's sex slave.

Have you tried duct tape? That fixes everything!

Have you got a picture of the damage? What's the door made of, could you heat it up and bend it back into shape?

3. dev00790

No picture to hand since case is at home, - I'm 100+ miles away in Cardiff until June.

The material is aluminium I believe. http://www.coolermaster.com/products/product.php?act=detail&id=17
    I don't have much DIY knowledge, so I wouldn't know if heating if possible? another method (eg making do with duct tape perhaps) is more suitable? Please describe how one would do this.

Ta.

4. dev00790

*Bump* Can someone give me some advice on this? Thank you.

5. iggy

iggy Minimodder

bend it back.

6. ry@n

ry@n Minimodder

Wrap it in a cloth to protect it and clamp it in a vice, then use a pair of pliers or whatever to bend it back.

Is it just the aluminium "frame" of the panel thats damaged or is the mesh in the centre affected too?

7. bullseye

bullseye Who dares wins

Have you squashed the raised inside channel with the tabs on it.

If not then rest the bent corner on a block of wood and gently put firmly press down till straight again.

If you have squashed the channel then take it to a auto body repair shop to see if they can straighten it with dent tools.