1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays 19" Iijima - what is it?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by boiled_elephant, 21 May 2009.

1. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Model numbr E1908WSV-B1, link. Is this a TN+film, and if so, is there any way of finding out what it's like? How does one get info on the quality of a monitor if BiT hasn't done a review of it specifically?

2. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Looking at the response time of the panel relative to its cost screams TN + film, it'll probable be fine for what it costs.

19in is a little small, i mean if your prepaired to put up with a TN panel then a small price hike up to a 22in screen wouldn't be too painful at all.

3. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Actually I'd like to make the jump to SVA or IPS or whatever, but I don't want a 22/24" behemoth, I'm very much on-the-move with my computer so a 19" with a high 1680 resolution would be sweet. Sales websites never seem to list the screen type, though, so it's impossible to look around for one.

4. antasari

antasari What's a Dremel?

Not easy to get a posh screen that small, manufacturers don't seem to think it's worth their while. I would assume that anything that doesn't say what it is is just a TN or they'd be boasting about it.