1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Asus Rampage II Extreme configuration-VGA Problem

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Pardalu2, 25 May 2009.

1. Pardalu2

Pardalu2 What's a Dremel?

Hi Guys,

As I say on a previous post:
    http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=167636

The machine parts:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/APAoFccck52GZnzwVojtpw?feat=directlink

I was installing the parts, with no problem, but when power on the speaker did One continous beep followed by three short beeps, as the manual say - No VGA detected.

I go to my neighbor testing the grafic card, and no problem!

The jumpers of the BIOS are on the "Bios Menu" as default. And ALL the other jumpers for test are GREEN! But there is one jumper Yellow, is the jumper above the CLRTC_SW like on this picture:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/oMPQ4R_tSS4xwvxF5Cra-A?feat=directlink

Can anyone help me about this problem?

I change the jumper to boot with BIOS1 and BIOS2 but, obtain allways the same problem "One continous beep followed by three short beeps, as the manual say - No VGA detected"

Please can any one?

Best Regards,

2. Pardalu2

3. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

reset the bios.. should be a jumper you can find in the manual- make sure you put the memory in the white slots and give it another shot.. guy had a similar problem here http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=124358 but it turned out to be his power supply with tri-sli (some reason he bought the 965 too)

4. Pardalu2

First, thanks for the help.

I'll test, but the problem could be on the memory?

I'm starting with my 12Gb 186MHz on the board!, I'll try only with the memory on the white slots as you say, but i thinking if is because the memory are 1866MHz and for default RIIE is 1066MHz, could be?

Regards,

5. Pardalu2

thehippoz,

In the white slots 6Gb 1866MHz the speaker didn't beep, and don't have signal on the display, and the leds are all off

On the blue slots, apears the same problem as the start off this post!

Can you help me?
    Regards

6. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

I know this will sound bad, but have you double and triple checked the gfx card is correctly seated?

A friend had a similar issue to the one you are having but on an MSI nvidia 780 board. My gfx worked fine in the one I had, but his wouldn't. He eventially realised the card was not quite seated correctly, even though it looked it.

Try laying your case on it's side so you have easy access and slot your gfx card in fully and power it up, but dont screw the card into the case to see if that helps. If it works. power down and screw the card in but do not over tighten the screws and retest.

7. Pardalu2

Hi Andy Mc, thanks,

Yes, I try to put the grafic card on the 1º and 2º pci-ex slot, and the same problem and checked for more then 4 times in every slots. The pci-ex 1º and 2º are blue, but the 3º is white, I can't put on the 3º because the dimensions of the grafic card.

The LCD poster is allways on "CPU INIT" it's any problem? or is normal?

Best Regards,

8. thehippoz

hey pardalu.. if you reset the bios and tried andy's suggestion- take the board out of the case and put it on a table.. it maybe a grounding issue- try booting it with just the ps and video card and see what you get

sometimes things like the screw mounts on the backside of the board aren't put in right.. or other grounding issues to the backside of the board can cause havoc.. you can eliminate that first

9. Pardalu2

Hi Guys,

I did the Andy's sugestion, the board is out off the box and I try another thing!

A try a grafic card of a friend that don't need the 12V power, and the board power on no problem to the Bios default jumpers!

But once again, when I put my grafic and power by PCI-E blue pins off Corsair Hx modular or by the others the fixed, the board does the beeps that "no VGA detect"

Thanks for your help

10. thehippoz

cool now were gettin somewhere.. well really you've already narrowed it down- you could test the voltage to the 6 pin connects with a meter but it looks like that's the issue

did your card come with splitters? two 4 pin to one 6 pin- if it did you can use those and see what happens

11. Pardalu2

Hi thehippoz,

I test the PCI-E +12V of my PSU and don't have any problem, it gives +12V!

What can I do more?

With a card without power the board starts perfect, and I can go to the bios.

It's everything on the bios, do you know something on the bios that can block this type of card?

Best Regards

12. thehippoz

13. Pardalu2

Hi,

Thanks for the forum,

I try register but the administrator don't alow!...don't now what's happen!

Some one tool me that the problem was probably on the memories! but on the bios I put my Corsair 12Gb 1866MHz OC. cus Rampage II have default 1066MHz for the memory.

At the moment the memorie are OK, and every thing works fine. But when I change for grafic card Asus EN9800GT 1G the board beeps "No VGA detect"

My question is what: There is any one who have a Rampage II extreme+Intel i7 965+Corsair DDR3 1866MHz But with a grafic card that works?

If my grafic card isn't compatible I change the grafic but the others devices are important.

Thanks every one for the help :)

Regards,

14. Pardalu2

Hi guys,

Could the problem be related to the PCIE frequency?

It's in Auto, but it's possible to change, some autors said 110 or 120 without problem, but it's in my case the problem?

Regards,

15. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

It should always be set manually to 100MHz. It could be causing problems.

16. thehippoz

yeah depends on the card.. like 200 series you can go up on the pcie freq without stability issues- same with the old g80 cards but cards like the 9800gt actually overclock on the pcie- so it can cause problems

17. Pardalu2

Hi everyone that help me,

The bios was actualize by a friend off mine that have a shop that allready assemblies more then 10 rampage II extremes, for his costumers...

With his experience, and the tests that he made on my machine, he say that the problem was on the grafic card. We call to Asus and they confirmed! Cus the motherboard is 100% OK and is Asus too!

I asked to the one that sell me the grafic, and Today! Yes only today I can solve the problem! the chipset of the grafic card asus EN9800Gt 1G was damaged! it's misterious but real.

Now I can work on my new machine, Thanks a lot everyone that help me!

Best Regards