1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chimps progress

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by Christopher N. Lew, 8 May 2009.

1. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

B****CKS. I tidied up a little last night and thought of posting a screenshot of Fahmon showing my 120,000 PPD ... but decided to wait, just in case. Sure enough, I was woken at 5am this morning by a UPS alarm; my electricity had tripped out again. I think I might shift a couple of machines onto a different ring, just to test the idea that the present ring might be faulty. I know the overall power consumption is not a problem, since I can run all my folders, the tumble drier, and the microwave simultaneously. Here's keeping my fingers crossed.

2. ArthurBuse

ArthurBuse CustomBitChimps member

It was not Uncle_Fungus, it was me who wrote "the Russian bear will eat your chimp" .

3. phoenicis

phoenicis Retired Chimp

Sorry CNL. Won't say another word on the matter.

<Hides in corner for asking question in the first place>

4. iCiT

iCiT What's a Dremel?

Indeed it was and also a timely reminder not to let our guard down or get complacent.

Luckily we managed to sneak in and eat their porridge. :hehe:

Uncle_Fungus pops by to let us know about the latest updates to FahMon and occasional newsy bits and has been known to fling a little "poo" at those times too. ;)

You two appear to be the only practitioners left.

Is the ancient art of subtle and outright blatant "poo" flinging slowly being lost? Do you think they should start teaching it in schools again? :naughty:

5. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Looks like I'm about to be overtaken by the chimps next update.
    We're also closing the gap to 7th place.

6. Christopher N. Lew

Passed a milestone of sorts yesterday. My personal EON stats now show no 'Conquests', only 'Threats'.

Saspro - are you suggesting we keep going until we pass [H]ardApe?

7. phoenicis

phoenicis Retired Chimp

Apologies for jumping in with my two penneth Christopher but as a minimum I think we need to keep going until we pass [H]ardApes. Beyond that we should perhaps seek a bit of clarity in a discussion between the team captains around a few questions.

1. Have the [H]ardApes officially stopped for good or are they just in a coma?
    2. If we finish, will we be in 7th place or will there still be some dispute? A while ago they claimed that they finished 5th based on their place when OCN crossed the line.
    3. If we pass them and they have stopped, do we need to go all the way to 20 mil to finish 7th?
    If we know where we stand with the above and give our thoughts to the captain then saspro can make more informed decision as to when he thinks we ought stop.

Of course, it's up to each individual when they stop but I would hate us to lose the momentum we've gathered. I think the fact that we have not lost anyone so far says a lot about the Chimps :thumb:

Really suffering from gaming withdrawal though :(

8. saspro

saspro IT monkey

I'll check with the other captains but as far as I'm away the competition is over when the last team crosses the line. Therefore if we overtake (h)ardape and get to 20 million we come 7th.

Those were the rules everyone signed up to at the beginning.

9. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I'm in until Saspro tells us its all over tbh. I think the fact that we are closer than ever to overtaking Hard Ape and not coming last is a testament to our tiny but mighty team. If we come back from 8th to finish 7th now, CPChimps will forever be remembered for it.

We've started this, I say we finish it guys!

10. Christopher N. Lew

Cue stirring music, flags flying proudly on hill tops, and quotations from Shakespeare.

I'm in till Saspro says enough.

11. Norfolk'N'Good

Norfolk'N'Good Folding Chimp

Thats the fighting spirit, :grr: I'm in (with my small amount of points) till the capt'n declares it over.

12. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

LOL nice just what I was thinking :D

Although I was a late starter due to hardware issues I will stay in with my 30-35k ppd until we have finished, ive watched CPChimps rise from 370k ppd to 422k ppd since I jumped on board so there are deffo some more people helping out :)

Its not over until its over! :thumb: :rock:

13. uncle_fungus

uncle_fungus P/T Folding@home developer

I'm in till the bitter end. Just fixed my stupid GPU folding rig back up too (/me curses at Windows networking)

14. ArthurBuse

ArthurBuse CustomBitChimps member

According to Stanford, CPChimps had "197 processors within last 7 days" last Sunday.
    Now we have 199. So, I think it is still just us. I have been on the look out for a group
    of folders from another team who were planning on stowing away on our team. They
    were asked not to, and have repected that. I expect they will still beat us at cricket
    this summer, though.

On Monday Stanford reorganised some of its servers and people were waiting work
    units. A lot of the wu that were servered up were the dreaded 511 points things. One
    of my CPUs had a 57 point abomination.

Things are better now and our ppd has improved with folk such as your good self joining.

My oppinion is we should definately get into 7th place. I hope it will take about a week.
    I am willing to go all the way to 20 million. Look out Lizard, chimp coming through! :)

update: "number of processors in last 7 days" for CPChimps has reduced by 10 in 9 days.
    Now 185 processors. I have lost a chimping processor myself. There was some sort of
    short cicuit that damaged the motherboard. I have replaced the motherboard but it
    will not boot the operating system. I think the CPU is damaged.

Last edited: 2 Jun 2009
  15. Taffy

Taffy Folding for Margaret 17/3/2011 RIP

We are getting there only 917384 to go :thumb: that soon went out of date

Last edited: 30 May 2009
  16. Paddy4929

Paddy4929 NangO-Gamer

Good to see team spirit. I'm into the end.

17. Vince_Kinslow

Vince_Kinslow Folding Millionaire

:naughty: Here Here :hip:

18. ddforrester

ddforrester MaximumPC Folding Member

Hello CPChimp brothers!
    I am truly impressed with your team's endurance. After looking over the EOC and the clintdavis graphs we all can see the heat your team is putting on the [H]orde. It's been inspirational to see you fellas pushing so hard and not backing down at all. I just wish the [H]ardApes could make a run of it and keep it interesting. At current production levels it looks like you guys/gals will pass then on the 3rd of June.
    Way to fold Custom PC & bit-tech!

19. phoenicis

phoenicis Retired Chimp

Thanks for the words of encouragement dd. Great to see you paying a return visit over here :) You'll always be welcome.

20. Vince_Kinslow

Vince_Kinslow Folding Millionaire

Ditto :thumb: and were over halfway now to completing the 20 Million! Yeah :clap:

I assume we are still going until we get to 20 Million?