1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News GPU accelerated Flash video still not here

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 2 Jun 2009.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. robyholmes

robyholmes I'm under your desk...

Work on Flash 64bit as well! Its Holding all the web browsers back from going 64bit!

3. sear

sear Guest

I get problems trying to play Flash HD video using my Athlon 64 X2 6000+ sometimes. The Flash video format is just not very efficient at this point, and why it's taken so long for them to incorporate GPU acceleration is anyone's guess. Mine? Adobe being dicks, as usual.

4. Jojii

Jojii hardware freak

I think ati or nvidia (intel?) need to fund engineering time at the adobe office for gpu accelerated flash support to happen. Adobe will not take it upon themselves to move forward with anything unless there is competition.

5. DarkRose

DarkRose What's a Dremel?

I agree, 64 bit Flash! Kthxbai!

6. Project_Nightmare

Project_Nightmare What's a Dremel?

Why don't they make it so smart phones can play flash first? Come-on, they should have had it working years ago..

Well, atleast they are finally trying to provide mobile support....

7. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

Windows Mobile phones can play flash, but it absolutely kills my Touch Diamond so I have it permanently turned off.

8. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Everybody's always bitching about MS and Intel for not playing fair but hardly anybody ever mentions Adobe's tactics... :sigh:

As far as I'm concerned FlashHD is a joke. My girlfriend's laptop with a C2D sometimes struggles with it on YouTube.
    And while I'm at it: Please Google, PLEASE, update your stupid movie to flash converter! It kills quality!!!

9. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I wish they would sort out the flash video player, it totally rapes systems and the frame rate sometimes drops to terrible levels.

Tags: Add Tags