1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays New monitor - help?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SamL, 27 May 2009.

1. Elizabeth

Elizabeth What's a Dremel?

We have Viewsonic VG2230wm 22" LCD Monitors at work. I also prefer Samsung panels, however Viewsonic warranty is good. Samsung used to make the best. Now LG, BenQ and Dell non entry level, contains Samsung panels are favored as the best with Viewsonic being pretty good too.

2. hotnikkelz

hotnikkelz What's a Dremel?

Benq? i mean they're ok...but...not on Samsung's level i don't find.

3. fargo

fargo What's a Dremel?

well my new samsung 2333sw monitor has been working for a few days now and I am quite pleased tn panel or not it has a great picture and I haven't used samsungs majic color yet. from what I've read online most panels nowdays are tn. I've already sold my old samsung 20" for $100.00 so this puppys net cost to me is a measly $62.00 thanks to dell business site.

4. Walibe

Walibe What's a Dremel?

Most budget panels yes.

5. fargo

fargo What's a Dremel?

If you consider $300 + buget panels then I guess you could say that but there are many who would not agree I imagine!!

6. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

TN panels are by definition used in entry-level monitors. The good news: better panel types are finally getting cheaper too after LG created the e-IPS panel (as used in the Dell 2209WA). Samsung has also introduced socalled cPVA panels with the F2080 and F2380.

7. fargo

fargo What's a Dremel?

not anymore!!

8. SamL

SamL What's a Dremel?

After managing to pick up the last remaining copy in a local shop, I am proud to say that I will be buying the winner of the CPC review!

Thanks everyone for your input, I really appreciate it!

9. rolly74

rolly74 Digital Marionette

I have a Benq monitor (G2220HD) and I am pretty satisfied with it. Picture quality is good, watching movies and playing games a lot of fun. It doesn't have HDMI input though but the Benq E-Series has. For your requirements the E2400HD would be an appropriate choice, being equipped with HDMI connection, 1920x1200 and 2ms response time.