1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Germany considers banning violent games

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 8 Jun 2009.

1. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

the political party that pushes this will lose thousands of votes....

2. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

3. Otto69

Otto69 What's a Dremel?

Zey haf vays of finding your violent games....

4. bridgesentry

bridgesentry 3verything must bee wat3rcooled

Now Game Industry in Germany is dead

5. Otto69

Otto69 What's a Dremel?

Good :) Maybe the jobs will go back to the U.S. :) And the Germans can continue to supply us with first class board games which few others seem capable of doing well.

6. 1ad7

1ad7 What's a Dremel?

who taught the kid to be angry its there fault if he didnt know how to be angry this wouldn't happen!! this **** is retarded Im glad I live in the US for now that is.

7. wiak

wiak What's a Dremel?

well they should ban guns not games
    no more leipzig games convention

games dont kill people, guns do

btw they should also ban violent MOVIES, have they ever seen a horror movie?

8. wiak

wiak What's a Dremel?

nah they dont kill germans in those games only nazis, there is a diffrent

9. Rebourne

Rebourne What's a Dremel?

No offense to Germans intended, but I would think that they of all people should understand the dangers of such fascism.

10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

No, people kill people - the gun is a tool that can be used or abused, like any other tool. A person with violent tendencies does not need a gun to kill someone - a pipe, a baseball bat, a piece of wood or even your fists are all capable of killing someone. If you ban firearms, then people who are inclined to kill will find a different way of doing it, or just obtain firearms illegally.

Don't blame the tools, blame the people.

Edit: I'm not a particularly "pro-gun" person, either.

Last edited: 9 Jun 2009
  11. tron

tron What's a Dremel?

They should ban the bible ( one of the most senselessly violent books known to man )

12. Trefarm

Trefarm No matter what... It's all good

Everything you've said is true... But give a murderer a more effective tool and he/she becomes a more effective murderer... Guns enable the weak (mentally or physically) to dominate the strong.

13. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Sorry, this rant wasn't directed at you but merely tried to point out the fact that whenever anything like that comes from Germany people start relating it to something that has nothing to do with today's Germany.

I didn't mean to offend anyone, I just felt like I had to say something.

14. *mat-ster*

*mat-ster* What's a Dremel?

GUNS, BULLETS AND SHARP KNIVES KILL PEOPLE NOT boxes of disc shaped plastic..............

THEREFORE take the guns and bullets away and control the use of Knives. (mobile metal detector stations all over the place) or even......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8089959.stm

* Stop the gun and bullet being in public places and you stop violent gun crime......
    * Remove the confidence that walking around the streets with a knife is unlikely to be detected and you also reduce the potential for knife crime...
    * Remove the use of glass bottles and glasses in all pubs with plastic bottles and drink glasses and guess what you stop a further 50 people loosing and eye, being scarred for life or killing someone...
    * Control the (abuse) of alcohol in public places and you aslo remove the main casue of violance.
    * Allow a drug addict to be prescribed and consulted by a Dr and remove the Drug economy (instead of killing loads of Afgans).
    * Because the Police are "thick" when it comes to Cyber traffic of guns, bullets and knives - fine eBay and the like "BiG STYLE" for selling **** and turning a blind eye....

One idea I have is give people who are searched a £5 voucher to spend on a charity.....!

WHY is the situation like it is.....?

1) Money (people who make and sell guns, knives, alcohol and drugs)
    2) Incompetent politicians and the PC brigade (searching people is not nice - Bollocks I say)

FREEDOM............:rock:

15. naokaji

naokaji whatever

QFT.

Besides, you can kill someone with a spoon if you want to, so should we not be banning spoons?:D

16. Otto69

Otto69 What's a Dremel?

G. Gordon Liddy claimed he was trained to kill someone with a pencil stub :)

17. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Indeed, but making firearms illegal doesn't mean that no one can access them. All it does is force firearms solely into the hands of criminals. I'm not naive enough to think that there will never be an illegal arms trade, but the hand gun ban in Britain hasn't stopped criminals from obtaining and using them anyway. In fact if anything it's glamorised the use of hand guns, so more people will want to try and get hold of them.

Guns do make for more effective murderers, but the chances are they were always inclined to murder anyway.

Your keys might be next - you could probably kill someone with a car key, if used effectively (not sure if that's really the right term!).

18. tron

tron What's a Dremel?

You can strangle someone to death with a HDMI cable.
    So if 5 murders take place during a bad year, all making use of HDMI cables, would they ban HDMI cables?
    Did the cable turn the attackers into murderers? Or did the 'murderers' make use of a HDMI cable?

19. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

It was clearly the violent game they played on their console that did it.

Right? Right?! RIGHT?!?!?!? WHO THE FU*K SAYS I'M WRONG?!?!?! IT'S THESE GAMES THAT MAKE YOU A SOCIOPATH!!!! FU*KING KIDS ARE GETTING FU*KING AGGRESSIVE DUE TO THEM!!! WE SHOULD BAN ALL FU*KING GAMES TO SAVE OUR FU*KING CHILDREN!!!

Or maybe I should just try one of the games before I try banning something I don't even understand...

:sigh:

20. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Oh btw. A bit too long fuse, but it just occurred to me, I guess they'll also ban all racing games? Surely games like Burnout Paradise cause more trauma to more people, as the player feels like he has godlike car driving skills, and then puts them in action on the real-life streets.

Tags: Add Tags