1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Corsair will make cases, has TEC cooled memory

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 9 Mar 2009.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

I was wondering when the watercooled Dominator block would start arriving...

3. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

The case is externally reminiscent of Silverstone's Temjin-06.
    If the case is as good as their PSUs then we may have a winner on our hands.

4. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

I must admit, I like the case. Not one for large cases, but this is nice.

5. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

that case is sexy. it looks like my temjin TJ06, but slightly better airflow, and the internal design is brilliant (compared to my TJ06)

6. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

That Motherboard looks tiny in that case

7. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Very nice add a door (like the P182B) and you've got a winner

It looks good now but I like hidden hot-swaps and 5.25" bays for a sleek streamline case

8. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

Any updates? I was viewing this and there appears no update on the 05-13-2009 but guesses the full tower will be available no later than end of June?

9. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

A Corsair rep on XS says it's gonna be a $300+ case..... which is ridiculous imo as it's a steel chassis with only the front being aluminum.

The thing is gonna weigh a ton, which in turn means it'll be a nightmare to work with/in. And to be frank I dont think it's anywhere near as pretty as a similarly priced Lian Li or Silverstone.

10. sadlydefiant

sadlydefiant What's a Dremel?

I love that case.
    Haven't seen that in Australia, looks expensive.

11. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

nearing towards the end of june, any updates?

Also from above link about air in..

[​IMG]

12. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Yes, the Obsidian is a steel-frame chassis with aluminum front, not all-aluminum. If it were all-aluminum, I'd be all over it. I was turned off by the steel when I saw the spy-pics of it a little while back. At least they fixed the fan-spacing issue up top for the production models, lol. You can see it in the pics in the article here; why have two spaced at 15mm and the third one off on its own? :lol:

13. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

plenty of room at the bottom of the board.. they have the wiring holes down- airflow bottom to top.. this is a really nice case.. I gotta agree with the steel- it's gonna be a tank.. aluminum mid size cases are very portable and you can still stick everything and the refrigerator in them- but for a desktop this thing would be great.. no mods needed =] I like corsair and their bucktooths

14. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

Edit: Any one got any comments on this comment about the case and video?

"IMO a $300 case isn't worth the money, no matter how good it is.

There are some very nice features in this case: cable pass-throughs, hot-swappable hard drive cage, and exposed CPU rear, for example. There are also some features that are almost worthless: that hard drive fan in particular is completely starved for air when the fan cover is on.

Just have to look that word up :)

[​IMG]

Obsidian is a naturally occurring volcanic glass formed as an extrusive igneous rock. It is produced when felsic lava extruded from a volcano cools without crystal growth. Obsidian is commonly found within the margins of rhyolitic lava flows known as obsidian flows, where the chemical composition (high silica content) induces a high viscosity and polymerization degree of the lava. The inhibition of atomic diffusion through this highly viscous and polymerized lava explains the lack of crystal growth. Because of the lack of crystal structure, obsidian blade edges can reach almost molecular thinness, leading to its ancient use as projectile points, and its modern use as surgical scalpel blades.

This seems to be the product page for the Case

And lets get a quick fix..

[​IMG]

&fmt=22 added to utube code so hopefully hd :clap:

Edit: Just finshed watching that and all I can say is WOW :jawdrop: , that is the case for me.

Last edited: 19 Jun 2009
Tags: Add Tags