1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Antec P193 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 16 Jun 2009.

1. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I'm still mad at Antec for messing up the P180-series with the stupid 183... And for the sake of all that's holy and right, stop making fugly bits that stick out of the case!!! Christ that side fan mount is hideous.

2. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Ugly case, but thorough review as always.
    One thing irks me though; last page: "Turning the fans down barely effected the temperatures"

Surely that should be 'affected', right? ;)

3. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Where's the P183 review?

And What's with the lack of review quality?

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Spoilt with a horrid sidepanel tbh. I don't mind the HAF - that's a case which isn't subtle and delicate. The P182 was the ultimate expression of this kind of design imo. Lovely. :D

5. j1o2h3n4

j1o2h3n4 What's a Dremel?

I've heard that this case cant' fit, and wont' fit coolers like thermalright ultra-120, Noctua NH-U12P, Cooler Master V8, Prolimatech Megahalems and so on (coz of the coolers height). I would really like this to be not true, but....to close the side panel they hv to resort to modding it. Please proof i'm wrong, otherwise you are warned.

6. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

You just can't compare a TJ07 to this brick! Its like comparing a Lamborghini to a Citroen 2cv. What where you thinking???

7. Musicboffin

Musicboffin What's a Dremel?

Shouldn't the hard drives be put in the bottom chamber to help keep the main chamber cooler, and so the psu fan and bottom fan cool them?

8. billysielu

billysielu Minimodder

How does this compare to the Antec 1200 which owned the heat-camera testing a few months back?

9. trig

trig god's little mistake

not great, for sure. been a few reviews since the merge that have been very...well, i'm one or two more away from getting my hardware info from another site. just getting real disappointing. dont mean to be rude btw...

10. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Since BT got a great and large modding community I would like to see in the upcoming reviews. If its possible where we could fit in radiators in places inside the cases, top/bottom/rear/front etc.

11. biebiep

biebiep What's a Dremel?

They ruined the perfect P182.

Now everytime i see perfection, i'll think about this monstrosity.
    I hate you now Antec. But i'll still keep putting systems in your wonderful P182... for now :)

12. giskard

giskard System builder

I'd like to know if a Titan Fenrir or Scythe Mugen 2 will fit in the P193 - anyone know?

13. giskard

giskard System builder

I'm pretty keen on this case as the basis for a quiet and cool i7-based system

14. leslie

leslie Just me!

Ewwww.

The originals were so nice, the external changes look like afterthoughts.

15. giskard

giskard System builder

That's very true, because of the protruding side-panel fan casing that protrudes 12-15mm inside the case. It's so bad that you can't even fit in the radiator of a Corsair H50 without modding the side=panel fan casing.

I wish I'd read your comment before buying my P193 otherwise I would've bought a HAF 932

16. giskard

giskard System builder

They don't as I've found out for myself.
    Wish I'd read the earlier comments more carefully :(

17. giskard

giskard System builder

One thing caught my eye about the review - the Asus Silent Square Pro is stated as the CPU cooler used in the tests for this case but given that said cooler is 158mm tall, how did the reviewers manage to close the 193's side-panel and perform their tests?

I've tried building an i7 920-based system in the P193, with a Scythe Mugen CPU cooler which is 157mm tall and which the P193 cannot accomodate because it's 200mm side-panel fan protrudes about 12mm inside the case. The tallest cooler you can use I'd say would be anything less than 145mm.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious here, but I can't see how the P193 was tested using the quoted hardware, unless anyone from bit-tech can explain how I can fit my 157mm tall CPU cooler in the P193 and manage the close it?

18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Not sure, this review was a while ago.. but it worked :/ I'll ask when we get back into the office next week.

19. giskard

giskard System builder

If it worked then you may have a solution to my conundrum, assuming that the height of the Asus cooler used in the tests is 158mm as I have said.

I await your reply with anticipation.

20. giskard

giskard System builder

I checked this page and see that the cooler in question is 146mm tall.

I quoted the 158mm from here but this page confirms that the cooler's height is indeed 146mm.

End of confusion and a lesson not to trust specs on e-tailer websites and reviews.

Tags: Add Tags