1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News New iPhone hits 1 million sales

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 23 Jun 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

ooo, I always knew I was one in a million, now there are figures to back it up the gf must believe me, right?

Having great fun on Lemonade Tycoon ATM, this little device is starting to dominate my life and I've only had it since Friday!

3. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

what recession?

4. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

and imagine having it for a year...... you won't go anywhere without it.

the speed on it is amazing, may not be as fast as pre-launched pre apps, but most apps launch faster than Pre with smoother animation. apart from the lack of keyboard, IMHO 3GS is a winner

5. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Lemonade Tycoon, mint (Lemon?) I'm getting tempted by this device just for the quick games to play on the bus. Though the 24mth contract usually grounds me again.

6. Fod

you can get 18 month contracts and (i think) 12 months too, but the price of the device increases.

7. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

There's a new iphone?

8. Fod

yes, you may not have noticed because it looks exactly the same as the old one :p

9. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Yeah don't have the cash splashing around for an upfront purchase, so i'll stick with false messiah phones when my contract is up in October. Shame though.

10. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

My other half got hers delivered yesterday.
    Despite the lack of changes in appearance, using it for even 30 seconds demonstrated exactly how much faster the device is. Absolutely phenomenal.
    My contract's up halfway through next year, so if there's a new improved version, I shall be picking that up ;)

Be warned though - the 3GS can'd be charged by the 3G cable. (but the 3G can be charged by the 3GS cable) - I've had to label the cables :(
    It's a bit odd having two iphones connected at once in iTunes though!

11. Fod

that is very odd. i've got an old cable from the ipod 3rd gen era which charges the 3gs just fine.

12. TWeaK

TWeaK Guest

I'm not into the whole iFool thing - I don't want a device that I can only run programs on which Apple have approved. I'll be happy with my N97 when I get it Friday. Free phone, better features (imo), cheaper contract and free GPS navigation for the win.

13. Fod

funny, you know that in order to distribute an app for s60 it needs to be signed by nokia? you can sign them yourself but, well, that requires the SDK. and only maps are free on s60; you have to pay for the navigation. oh and look, maps are free on the iphone. with gps.

(don't consider me a fanboy - i owned nokia devices long before i had an iphone, and my last device was an n95 8gb. it doesn't hold a candle to the iphone. and neither does the n97. but hey, what would i know, i only tried both devices for a good while before making a decision)

14. Ape

Ape Suck my barrel

iFool thing ... hmmm

You don't have one, probably never had one. And yet you are an expert and consider the N97 to have better features.

EXCELLENT.

15. frojoe

frojoe What's a Dremel?

getting mine thursday, and looking forward to endless lost hours on the little addicting games.

edit: an suggestions on a good case that won't add much bulk? I will want to protect it well for a few months before I become careless again,
    Thanks.

16. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

nearly picked up a 16gb one in Cardiff on Saturday, however went out of stock while I was making my mind up.

edit: Picking one up in town after work. the guy in the O2 shop is keeping one for me.

Last edited: 23 Jun 2009
  17. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Why must you tempt me so :O, contract ends in 2months with vodafone but i want one now damn it.

Anyone hear the rumours that apple is loosing its manopoly on the iphone ?? or has it been mentioned before lol

18. i7lova

i7lova What's a Dremel?

I think the point he was trying to get across was that he isn't a sheep like everyone else? i'll never own one personally because Verizon Wireless is my carrier of choice. I get a 17% discount on my plan because of where I work and they treat me much better than att/cingular ever did.I have also been with Sprint and i can honestly say they were the worst company I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. So until they start letting the iphones be sold on another network i'll pass. besides I use my phone for texting and calling only mostly. I don't ever have time to play games really except when I'm at home and that's what my pc and 360 are for. It's just personal choice for everyone really so the n97 might actually be a better phone for him.

19. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Why are you a sheep just because you buy something that's successful? :eyebrow:
    I have an iPod Touch 2G and I love it to bits. It's the single most awesome bit of ultra SFF computer I've ever seen. You can do way too much with it to do it all.
    And you don't have to pay for apps if you jailbreak. It's not illegal yet and you can always backup to original firmware in case of an emergency.

I don't like Apple. Period. Their pricing is the worst joke in the industry. But both the iPhone and the Touch are awesome.

True story.

20. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

Basically this. I just use mine for texting and making the odd call. But I doubt I am the demographic they are seeking.

Tags: Add Tags