1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Good LAN Games

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Constructacon, 16 Jun 2006.

1. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Yeah, that sounds like Midtown Madness 1 or 2. That was the first game I played online, it was a real blast to play. :)

2. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Two of my most favourite LAN games are Warcraft III FrozenThrone and Quake III Arena. Ok, they are my favourite games as well but anyway...

What is so brilliant about Q3A is the speed people are fragging each other at. People get really agressive - cheesecake.

3. PHPASP

PHPASP I LIKE TO CODE IT CODE IT I LIKE TO

Total Annihilation

4. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

DOTA!
    warzone 2100 (free)
    nexuiz (free)

dota is so much fun but the AI is pretty hard even on easy it's better most of the time than all my freinds so we tend to play as two teams with equal numbers of AI and humans on each team.

5. PHPASP

PHPASP I LIKE TO CODE IT CODE IT I LIKE TO

Earth 2160 is pretty good. And less than £/$ 5.00

6. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

I found my Whiplash CD a few days ago and started to play it again. Although the sound doesn't work too well on new machines, it's still one of the most fun racing games around.

7. CyberSol

CyberSol 1337 Pants

Midtown madness and midtown madness 2 are my ALLTIME favorite racing games. There are better ones now, but I have yet to see somthing better then the cops and robbers formula in MM. I have been playing those games for over 9 years

8. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

My favorites are all in the list already.

Try out the San Andreas multiplayer mod, seriously. I think i played that one for over 500 hours now, still love it online. It gets bettar at a LAN.

FlatOut 2 is nice for a quick laugh, but doesn't keep you busy all night.

Most of the FPS games are all the same. Halo has a different feel to it, and Serious Sam is absolute coop cheesecake.

I have one more tip though:
    get a game of oldskool CIV 2 multiplayer gold edition running in the background. Start as early in the LAN as possible, and just set the max time for a turn to 15 minutes or so. Once or twice an hour it's your turn, you do your thing and then get back to fragging. Very nice for diversity in what you do and a good opportunity to set up a prize comptition if that's your thing.

9. lgcollins

lgcollins http://widecircles.com?s=a1

How about day of defeat?

10. dickhead

dickhead Banned

Hey fellas!

Dunno if this is still of any interest, but a friend told me this link today:

Edit: No.

Seems to be quite new, but got a nice selection of games so far! hf

Last edited by a moderator: 24 Jun 2009
  11. books

books What's a Dremel?

Thanks dic.. oh.

I suggest:
    SWAT 4
    Rainbow 6: Las Vegas (only the first one has co-op as far as I can tell)

12. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

if you got a wii or gamecube any of the smash bros games are really fun! Actually having my graduation today and following it we plan to play ps3, wii and whatever else all night... didn't have enough time to set up a small lan but it will still be plenty of fun...

13. minimad127

minimad127 CPC Refugee

i have to admit i had not heard of tremulous before, but havign just checked wiki i think i am going to download it this evening as it looks fun

and left for dead is always fun although a bit pricey and with L4d2 due out in winter might not be worth getting just yet, but then again the requirements are quite low for L4D but hey i love the game myself

Starcraft! wicked game, admitidly RTS but one of the best with lots of extras online to download and other little goodies

14. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

Holy thread digging advertising batman!

Still a cool thread though, so i'll throw in my most recent revelation at a LAN: RUNE.

It feels much like a generic 3rd person shooter, but it's actually melee-only, so it works really well for new people. Any stupid old laptop will run it just fine, and you get to walk up to your mates and chop them in half with a big axe. It was good for a few laughs at my last LAN at least :)

15. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

I always enjoyed C&C Zero Hour LAN wise tbh. That or RA2, maybe Homeworld 2, thats quite cheap now.

16. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

This thread's been brought back from the dead more times than a necromancer's call girl. You'd need holy water and a chainsaw to keep it down. Even so, I'm not sure it'd stay down.

Anyways, MP LAN games... last one I went to we ended up playing World in Conflict for an entire day.

17. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

WiC eh? What was that like? I've been nagging a mate to set up a LAN do with that and he keeps refusing....

18. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

MOHAA, Civ IV, Armagetron

19. books

books What's a Dremel?

I love that game. It's a RTS but it's really simplified. There is no base building at all, and instead of an entire "side", each person just controls a squad or a few squads. You choose if you want to control a bunch of choppers, a bunch of tanks, a bunch of infantry, or a bunch of support vehicles. You can mix and match too I think, but you only have limited numbers.

It's far simpler than an RTS so instead of having to micromanage and entire army, it's more about how efficiently you use your little squad(s) with other people, working together to beat the enemy. It's a great game to just jump in to and start enjoying, I really liked it.

It's also got fantastic graphics and instead of a top down view like most RTS's, they have a great modern approach where you can fly around the battlefield looking forwards and even upwards in any direction imaginable. It makes it all far more immersive. It's a good game.

20. The Dark One

The Dark One What's a Dremel?

a game u could try

you could try serious sam II. personally i find that it gets boring after a while but everyone i played it with loved it.

Tags: