1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress --- Necronomicomp --- Alien/Giger Case Mod; 18th August FINAL FINAL pics

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Pr0crastinator, 22 Mar 2009.

1. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

That's totally mental mate :thumb:

2. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Just an idea about the crystal skull, and the bullet that you're trying to make look like it just blasted the skull. Could you possibly drill a hole through the shell from behind the panel, and stuff a small led in there? Would give some red glow for some added effect... Maybe? I have no idea if that would work or if it would go along with your idea, but just something that popped into my mind.

Keep it up!

3. Bad_cancer

Bad_cancer Mauritius? 2nd speck east of africa

Awesome details! WOW, enuff said!

4. Pr0crastinator

Pr0crastinator What's a Dremel?

Hey thanks guys, and Jipa there is a hole behind that skull that I already drilled and the skull came from a glowing car cigarette lighter so there is room behind it for an led. I was hoping the residual glow from inside would light up the skull or i could reposition the cathodes directly behind the hole as I made sure it was positioned over a gap but since you suggested a red led I think that could be really cool. I'm gonna have to think about it I'll be firing it up very soon so I'll be able to see what it looks like.

Anyway I've made some progress on the final side; when the plaster was dry I trimmed and shaped the edges a bit and took it off the case. Yesterday I sprayed it black and hopefully I can get the gold done tonight. I also did the back yesterday which I originally wasn't going to do but it was really quick and easy and finishes it off nicely, especially since the mobo comes with a black backplate, thanks Asus! :D

I only have a couple of pics of the freshly painted side and one I took from inside looking up while the case is empty. My camera ran out of batteries at that point so I'll be back soon with more cheers all :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. DonT-FeaR

DonT-FeaR I know what a fk'n Dremel is ok.:D

i jizzed..

lol
    jokes..
    looks fantastic tho

6. Pr0crastinator

Hey everyone I've been busy and I ran into some troubles when installing everything.
    I discovered that the mobo wouldn't take the cpu it would just constantly reboot every 2 seconds never reaching post. I need another cpu that works with the original bios so I can update it then switch to the new cpu *sigh*
    So anyway had to buy a Sempron 1200 today it feels like a waste of $59 but I guess it's ok to have as a cheap spare.
    I took a few pics some days ago when i first put the parts together. I'll try to get everything done this weekend if no more problems arise:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I gave the crystal skull half a face and left the eyes and teeth clear so they should glow:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tried a couple of larger pics:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I turned the light on to highlight the name but the flash washed it out:
    [​IMG]

7. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

That is faaaaaakin awesome! Looking forward to finishing results! :D

8. DonT-FeaR

/\ hell yeah

9. Pr0crastinator

Hi ppl quick update I powered up and the water bottles produced very little light effect so I removed them. It's a lot safer and lighter this way and I was able to move the cathodes to a better spot without them being in the way.
    Also I found something cool at Toys R Us to replace them:
    [​IMG]

I put the ball of slime inside the skull it has another ball inside it which is good you can see a shadow inside it when the lights shining through:
    [​IMG]

You can poke the eyes and it feels squishy :)
    [​IMG]

It lights up really nicely and you can see some bubbles and shadows in the liquid I'm pretty happy with it. The light around the power button is a perfect circle irl it looks a bit weird in the photo tho:
    [​IMG]

I also used the tube of slime inside one of the empty water bottles just to fill in the area behind the skull. No one will prob ever look in there but it had to be done:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Didnt realise this would happen there's some slats at the bottom of the case producing a nice effect:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    These photos are all with the Sempron cpu installed so there's a standard fan, no ram fan and only 1 vid card atm. I've updated the bios so hopefully i can switch the cpu's tomorrow and put everything else back in.

Bad_cancer and stonedsurd like this.
  10. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Man I admire your creativity,this is absolutely phenomenal!!!! *Trubitar* :)

11. Sheldog23

Sheldog23 What's a Dremel?

Very cool! Love all the sculpting you did. Awesome.

12. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Oh maaaaaaaan, words cannot describe the sheer awesome of that mod!

13. Bad_cancer

Bad_cancer Mauritius? 2nd speck east of africa

That is looking really good!!! excellent work!

14. tuberc

tuberc What's a Dremel?

this looks amazing, well done

15. DonT-FeaR

bahahaha wicked use of slime.

16. WolfandAngel

WolfandAngel Got fins?

i like the green

17. Pr0crastinator

Thanks for all the comments guys I've got a few more pics after swapping the cpu/cpu fan and putting the ram fan and second vid card in. I took the mobo out again to change some cables around so it's looking pretty neat, a lot neater than any other pc I've ever built anyway.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Had to install the hard drive upside down or the ram fan was in the way. The ram fan only just fitted between that and the cpu fan I'm pretty lucky
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My next upgrade will definitely be a black 22" or 24" monitor. This 19" BenqFP91G+ still does an ok job tho maybe I should paint it...hmmm
    [​IMG]

Bought some stick on velcro for the stealthed drive bay cover so I can take it off easily if I need access
    [​IMG]

18. Pr0crastinator

Bah! I got the back off the monitor but couldn't get the buttons detached from the front so I gave up but my monitor needs upgrading anyway :D
    Got some pics with the final side on, it looks a lot blacker than the front and top which were painted maybe 6 months ago. It might fade but it doesn't look that bad in real life so I don't think I would bother repainting either way. Maybe I could help fade this side by rubbing ash on it or something... hmmm... I guess I'll wait and see for now

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Aha! As you can see I just worked out how to make double pics ^
    It's the same picture just chopped up in photoshop so there's 2 pics at 800x800. I'm taking shots in 1200x1600 so if I can trim the edges it fits nicely. It's not lined up perfectly but isn't too bad.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I didn't realise up until a couple of weeks ago that there was a Giger bullet in the Necronomicon poster so it was a happy coincidence that I included them.

19. Pr0crastinator

Only got a couple of night shots 99% were coming out blurry so I quit. I'll try again tonight, I read about increasing the iso so I've done that and I need to rest the camera on something as I don't have a tripod so I'll do that as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Oops I forgot to turn this light on until my patience had already worn thin. I'll be back soon with some good shots I hope.
    Btw Left4Dead is running awesome I'm really happy I can finally use this hardware I've been collecting for the past year :)

20. Pr0crastinator

Ok I got some that look pretty good and these are final shots I guess. I will post a couple more at some point as I've decided to upgrade my 2 front speaker stands from empty DVD spindles. I've got leftover paint and plaster so I'll just cover them over should be very easy. Once I have those and a new black monitor my new pc should then be complete :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]