1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Blue tooth in Win7 [Dell Laptop]

Discussion in 'Software' started by mwvirk, 27 Jun 2009.

1. mwvirk

mwvirk What's a Dremel?

Blue tooth in Win7 [Dell Laptop]
    hi
    i have dell inspire 1525 and just installed windows 7 RC but i cannot get blue tooth icon in notification & control panel area even i can see that blue tooth light is not ON - is there any driver problem? in device manager, everything is installed and there is no warning/error etc

need help ASAP, its my office laptop and i want to install blue tooth devices on it.

thanks

2. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

Propably the BT (not bit-tech :rolleyes: ) software just isn't installed. If Windows doesn't have such an app inbuilt, and Dell doesn't provide a 7-compatible version (try the Vista one, should work), then you are out of luck. :(

3. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

There is built in bluetooth support - I've use Win7 RC on an M1330 (which may even be the same bluetooth hardware) and didn't need to install anything extra from dell to get it to work. Curious that yours didn't get picked up.

Could be worth trying out some third party bluetooth driver/software

4. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

you can try to force another bluetooth driver (I had to use a belkin driver).. was on an old bluetooth for vista 64- they never wrote a driver for it but it works fine after finding the right one

5. cribcoch1

cribcoch1 Old Age is a Bitch

6. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

OP: Your using the Bluetooth 355 with EDR Right? Try using the Vista driver on the e1505 page from Dell, that one worked for me. If not, google.

@cribcoch1, Broadcom drivers will work with broadcom-based wifi and ethernet chipsets, but not bluetooth cards. Dells cards are Widcomm based, not Broadcom.

7. mwvirk

mwvirk What's a Dremel?

thnx for all ur support.
    problem was solved by install software from dell site.
    thnx

8. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Glad you got it sorted - I was just going to post that I got it working the same way (Vista x64 drivers for another Dell laptop) on my Vostro 1500.

9. mwvirk

mwvirk What's a Dremel?

yeah, its working now - after checking dell support site.
    found some BT software and installed. and it automatically got drivers from dell site.
    thnx for ur help