1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Runescape

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Cerberus90, 25 May 2009.

1. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

OK, I might get some abuse for this, but I don't care as I feel its an awesome game, much better than WoW.

So, does anyone else play RS on here, I don't have any friends playing anymore.

2. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

played rs since the very beginning.. I saw it, made a character, and remember getting tricked- some guy had a r2h and had like 1 hp lol.. I ran out to finish him off and all his bucktooth buddies opened fire.. all I saw was a pile of bones and couldn't stop playing XD I miss those days kinda with the pures =] when rs 2 came out, me and a friend of mine in rl.. practically reeped the woods with our pure mages- used to pk alot in the original.. there was strategy involved especially with closing and opening the doors- like when rs launched it was hillarious

you could pk in town, so going into a shop and shut the door behind you, attack a poor carebear and put on armor as you fight lol guy would try to get away- it was seriously one of the most fun games out for that time if you liked to roid rage other players

then we all started playing lineage 2 and kissed rs goodbye.. haven't played in long time but my account is still around when checked couple days ago.. still have the rares and stuff- should have sold the phats a couple years back

I heard some peeps sold blue for 1k real cash over 2006 christmas.. I've got the disc, eggs, holloween masks, santa hat, phats.. that was really dumb

mainly a pker though.. could make a million easy solo pking by the rune rocks around level 48 woods (I could mine runite too- I used to mine with zezima, dunno if he still plays but he was a little guy back then).. dunno nowdays logged in and they've got it full screen now

anyways here's the original rs.. me and a friend stalking guys by the iron legs

[​IMG]

uploaded these from old host.. funny stuff in there- alot of those pk's are solo when rs2 was just released :D I dunno if I would say rs is better than wow.. but 5 bucks a month is a deal for the amount of content you get

http://yfrog.com/141legendsjx

3. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

I played Runescape for a bit. It was pretty fun for the most part. But as most people did, I got into WoW and didn't look back. $5/month is a hell of a deal for sure. I haven't played in a long time, have they changed the game much in the year or so since I last played?

4. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

my younger sibling does, but i honestly can't see the appeal but i will admit that it's impressive how they make the game run from a browser. i personally hate how much bandwidth that thing sucks when he plays, i can barely get a decent ping in my online fps's when he's on there. i need to find a way to block that crap.

5. freedom810

freedom810 Minimodder

Yeah I remember playing, it sapped a good 4 years out of my life. I don't regret it though, it kept me busy and was really fun especially when you get a nice community of friends going, I think i got to level 97, though for the first 2 years I had another account which got to level 80.

I stopped mainly as I thought it was going in the wrong direction, It provided more to children and that didn't appeal to me, they removed PK'ing and added the grand exchange, stupid quests etc. Sure I got scammed a couple of mill a few times but the freedom of the economy was good fun and added to the game, adding the exchange and trade prices ruined it for me..

6. fwalm

fwalm Minimodder

Decided to reply her instead of making a new thread.

What's your name Cerberus? Started playing again a month or so ago, none of my friends from before play now and could do with some new ones. :)

thehippoz, Zezima was regarded as the best Runescape player, he has fell away since Summoning was released but is still top 10 for overrall experience. The phats are worth between 270 - 400 million each. :jawdrop: Add the rest of your stuff to that and your bank would be worth alot, care to share some of that around? :D

I only pay £3.50 a month using my card, consider it to be cheaper than anything else I would want to play, now has an upgraded graphics version which looks good considering it is browser based IMO.

Some of the things they have changed has made it worse, I can understand why they did some of the things but they have partially ruined the economy courtesy of the trade limits and the GE.

Currently level 81 with 86 fletching, pretty crap account all in all. :( Seem to just change stuff too much as I get bored doing one thing and find something else at the moment.

Any help or new friends would be much appreciated. :)

7. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I stopped playing again. :D

I play it for a while, while I'm in MMO mood, then I get bored after about a month, especially when I'm on my own all the time. MMOs are boring on your own, :D.

My account name is tp2990, although I probably won't be on for a while.
    I'm only lvl 76.

8. fwalm

fwalm Minimodder

Added you anyway. Need someone to talk to whilst playing. Going for 99 Fletching is boring as well but I want a cape. :D

My username is bloodcrazyni

9. gaz_360

gaz_360 Make that change

I don't play runescape but I got a 7 day membership card in the latest issue of Gamesmaster, if any one wants it send me a PM, ive got no use for it.