1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sony dismisses price cut demands

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 8 Jul 2009.

1. i7lova

i7lova What's a Dremel?

Exactly what I was thinking. And to all these arguments about ps3 comes w/ wireless and blah blah blah. Microsoft has made it so if you dont want those things you don't HAVE to buy them and pay the extra premium like you do on the ps3. Consoles and gaming in general has changed alot and it's not just the hardcore gamers buying consoles now, so why in the hell would you want to have just a couple of consoles on the market that you have to pay premiums for that have a bunch of features most people don't even want or use? That's why microsoft built the 360 the way they did. They are trying to cater to all audiences not just hardcore like Sony. I own a 360 and I USED to own a PS3.

I only played the exclusives MGS4, Uncharted, and Resistance. Didn't care for resistance much MGS4 was great and so was uncharted. My main problem with the console is the controller. My hands are big and that tiny playstation controller just doesn't cut it for me! i like the feel and comfortability of the 360's controller much better. Not to mention I only own 1 blu ray disc and it will probably be my last till the prices come down. And none of my friends own a PS3 so playing online was not near as enjoyable as on the 360. The are just my views and of course everyone will have different views. Just giving my perspective on all this.

2. papalarge123

papalarge123 Papalarge

I personally think that sony will bring the price down eventually,
    i have to admit that the price is still a bit steep, although with the features that come as standard, u will probably pay the same, if not more to get the samefeatures on the x-box 360.
    i personally wanted both consoles for specific games, although being a hardcore PC gamer, i decided to get the PS3 first as my partner wanted Little Big Planet.
    i now have over 7 games for it and a second controller, but the main thin here is that it all cost me £84 brand new.

the reason for the low price is that i was due a new phone contract upgrade, i searched around for the phone and contract deal that suited me at the right price, and found that the PS3 was one of the offers available (which also meant a reduction in the contract on the same tarrif),

so there are ways and meens to getting one on the cheap.

as for streaming HD vids over the internet and wireless, i do it all the time on my laptop, and since i got the PS3 i have been doing it on that also (my main gaming PC is connected via cable)

so the price and streamingissues can also be put asside if looking at mine and probably so many other peoples situations.

if u want a PS3 or Xbox 360 and u live in the uk and spend roughly £40 a month on ur mobile bill, then goto an e-tailer and purchase a top of the range phone and high capacity memory card, with rediculas amounts of minutes and texts per month and a free console (or other products of ur choice).

i personally dont see a better option to get the PS3 especially at the retail price atm.

3. mjm25

mjm25 What's a Dremel?

I THINK THE MEGADRIVE IS BEST!!!!!!

that is all

4. carlosmessi

carlosmessi What's a Dremel?

Ok, I think you are not doing well because of the economy, maybe lowering your price will be a good thing. People would like to play but when you are losing your house you are not thinking about a Playstation for your kid. Idem if you are a kid and your parent is loosing the family house.

5. Saivert

Saivert Minimodder

I'm so happy I don't care about any console exclusive games. I just own a PC and that's it. Works for me. And I don't have to deal with the console madness.

6. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Another none news article about sony. You do these on a monthly basis and all it does is spark the crap about no exclusives and high price tag which is just rubbish.

Get over it people. If its too expensive for you then dont buy it and stop moaning.

7. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Xbox360's eat children and dogs.

PS3's spit unused folding money out.

8. an4rew

an4rew System Builder

I love my Xbox, i only want a PS3 for Gran Turismo and i don't want to spend £300 for a George Foreman Grill :(

9. trig

trig god's little mistake

sega dreamcast Cheesecake

10. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

+1

+

11. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

lol

We all know SNES is king. N00b.

12. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

I consider this quite interesting news. It's not bit-tech's fault if people feel the (strong) need to voice their opinions about the current range of consoles.

And the argument about people only complaining about it when they can't afford it is a bit moot on a website where a much higher percentage of people are willing to throw money into ridiculous rigs. Mine cost £1800 for example, and the reason I don't have a PS3 is I simply don't want one.

Not everyone is an immature, whiney brat who gets everything from their parents, especially not on this kind of forum. If you don't like the news article, or the arguments that go on in the comments following, simply don't read them.

13. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

You haven't been here very long have you skiddy. This has been going on since launch. You're lucky if you can find a PS3 game reviewed sometimes. And alot of interesting news or even positive news rarely makes it into this discussion unless a reader posts it in the game sub section.

14. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Well, in the time I have been here, I have seen no more or less positive news on either platform, it is all pretty fair as far as I can tell.

As for video game reviews, the majority are multiplatform anyway, so it doesn't matter, and the only one I can think of off the top of my head that was a 360 exclusive is Gears 2. Sure, I would like to see bt's take on inFamous, and maybe Killzone 2, but at the end of the day I really don't care what console games a PC hardware and modding site reviews. Any review is more than it needs, so we should be grateful for what we do get, rather than whinging about biased this and biased that.

Besides, the biggest issue is the people arguing about it, and that is down to the users.

15. Mighty Yoshimi

Mighty Yoshimi Motormouth

I bought a ps3,

Because it is much better, more reliable, Doesn't Have a failure rate of 1 in 3 in the first year.

And i don't need to pay to play online?

Take the life time of this genration of consoles and work out how much that addds on to the TCOO for the Xbox360 and you'll be shocked.

ATB

16. an4rew

an4rew System Builder

I don't have Xbox Live but still enjoy alot of good single player games.... it would be nice to have free multiplayer and built in wireless too!

I've played Xbox live and PS3 at friends houses but the Xbox was super fast at downloading content/updates while the PS3 took ages (some using Bittorrent)

17. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

hmmm whats this?

[​IMG]

if it's real then for sure there will be a price cut. But I understand why Sony wont admit to a price cut right now. If they do then even more people will hold off on buying one. If I was wanting to buy one and knew there was a price cut in 3 or 4 months I would wait till then. If I thought there wasn't going to be a price cut anytime soon I'd get one right now.

Besides with the PSPgo so ridiculously expensive it will offset any losses they take on the ps3.

mjm25 likes this.
Tags: Add Tags