1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Wave hello to Google's latest project

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 1 Jun 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

After watching the video it is clear that Wave brings together the very best elements of all forms of communication & collaberation on the web, bangs a viewable timeline onto it (genius) and then lets you do whatever the hell you want.

In short it is made from the finest cheesecake the world has ever known.

3. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

I watched a good portion of the video and was quite impressed with this. I like the idea of "what email would be like if we only just invented it today" is a good one. I can see it being quite useful for everday communication. I can even see it useful as a helpdesk system, and embedding the whole "wave" into a website was impressive too. I am looking forward to having a go.

4. Goty

Goty Minimodder

We should get some of that to the BT guys for a follow-up to their last cheesecake article =P

5. FrankieG33

FrankieG33 Weekend Warrior

this is going to be great. they seem to have every aspect of communication broken down in the most basic collaberative forms. the fact that you can start replying to instant messaging type talking before the other is done is going to be great. you speed through a conversation that would take 10 seconds in real life in about that time by typing vs having to wait for each complete thought to be first thought then typed. being able to extract just the main article once it has been edited, being able to extract slideshows, they all sound like great tools for collecting infromation you need easily. the extension function makes this even better as anyone who has a good idea (spell check, translation, link finding were done by google) like text to calling, video messaging, checking itinerary. that said they do need to iron some things out. first stability will obviously be much greater in 'beta' form and second an ability to integrate, edit, export, and print actual .doc files, .pdf, .exc, and then some (which can be easily done with the extensions).
    so to put it simply, im very excited.

6. Grasshopper

Grasshopper What's a Dremel?

Can't wait. iv'e been drooling in waves ever sense I watched the video. If Wave is what it looks like in the presentation it will change many things on the Internet.
    And finally: Icland is icland. :)

7. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

wow Im impressed cant wait to get my hands on this

8. zelox991

zelox991 Wanna-Be-Modder

This is really incredible as it will make communication so much more efficient!
    Wonder if BT will incorporate Wave to it's discussion board when it comes out.

Tags: Add Tags