1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming America's Army 3 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 12 Jul 2009.

1. andy1911

andy1911 What's a Dremel?

wow after that review i think i will stop giving any thought to the reviews from this site the reviewer is clearly biased towards the game and the army i am in no way saying the game is great far from it but only because it was released way b4 it was ready that is why they keep releasing fixes patches ect i must add tho as far as gfx go yeh its ugly but it is actually a not bad game and to give it a miss by listening to this review you would be just as dumb as the reviewer.

2. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

You can't base a review of a game on future patches that may or may not come and which may or may not fix the game.

If it's not good enough as it is on release, then it doesn't deserve a good score.

3. AlexTia

AlexTia What's a Dremel?

That is true to a certain extent. But giving the background to the development (the original devs getting fired etc) they maybe shouldve held off a while. Also havent Bit-Tech came back to re-review a few games games in the past?? I think this happened with The Witcher or something, correct me if im wrong.

Also to the guy who stated about the sarcasm , it does not work on reviews im sorry, i read them to be informed not for a giggle.

Edit- There was a re-review of Stalker Clear Sky , maybe they should re-review this in a few months too, just an idea. :)

Last edited: 13 Jul 2009
  4. Nicholas

Nicholas What's a Dremel?

I got the game yesterday and played it. I used to play the game when it was version 2.8 or something like that? maybe 2.2 I don't really remember... to many updates to recall as with most pc games!

Anyways, the maps are alot bigger and there is more functionality. The hud is alot nicer and so on.

Thats pretty much where it all stops at. Half of the things in the game say "COMING SOON!" ... what the hell is that!!!!!!! It's like the game is still in Beta!!!!!!! Not only that but the game play is choppy, you cant shoot someone for your life because the aiming really sucks - it's almost like playing lego warrior or something!

Dont get me wrong I LOVED version 2!!!!!!!!!!

I just wish they had more of the problems worked out before they released 3.0. The training really sucks too, took me 20 times to try and pass the grenade section even though it said i did perfect every one of them 20 times!

Yes its not really good on its release but then again neither is alot of things. It's free and its fun - now if you were going to try and sell me this for $50.00 i would probably spit in your face and call you a ******! Once patches start coming the game will be up to par and hopefully more pleasing to play as in the past.

I love the new maps but the way they do things like weapons choices and so on is stupid - noobs get first choice of weapons... whats that? lol the battle plan is retarded and half the time the squad leaders or team leader doesnt even assign you objectives.

Oh well - it has its flaws but when i get tired of playing battlefield 2142 northern strike on pc or call of duty 4 modern warfare on ps3 - i have something else to fallback on and that is America's Army 3.

Add me if you want on America's Army 3 my name on there is

-DEAR-JOHN-

(used to be in the 1S1K clan couple years back!)

5. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Sarcasm doesn't work on the Internet full stop ;)

6. thefiringsquadman

thefiringsquadman What's a Dremel?

"You play as either the US Army or the Opposing Force who are generic baddies,"
    That statement in itself goes to show this guy doesn't know anything about the game...
    Not only have the devs but the friggin army has stated no player will ever truly be playing an OpFor team. Reason being they dont want anyone in their game to be killing americans (kinda slaps the reviewer in the face again eh?)
    For those of us who do/or have played the game know that the game emulates every player and his/her team to look and play just like the other team.

7. andy1911

andy1911 What's a Dremel?

no point in stating how dumb the reviewer is i think everyone knows already lol.
    new patch out now :)

8. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

The sniper rifle wasn't in the initial release of America's Army, it was added much later. The same goes for this game, the real snipers will be added later, probably when they add maps that are large enough to require them.

Anyway the DMR is an excellent role, you're not supposed to play it as a sniper, it's designed to be used as part of a squad. Scoped it adds about 100m onto the effective range of the squad, fired from the hip it's more than adequate for CQB.

9. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

Yah the DMR is sort of for killing people at ranges where the rest of the squad weapons just pin them down. It's not called a Sniper for the very simple reason it isn't one. Ideally if you've got the team together firing on enemies you pin them down with fire from the rifles while the Marksman makes precision shots to score kills. An out and out sniper would ordinarily work differently and would use a purpose built rifle.

10. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

ok, downloaded and started the game, mainly due to boredom. And while the tutorial was ok, i can't tell you how the multiplayer is, as it crashes every time i click on a server (just click on, not even join).I can't find a way to fix it. So this game definatly gets low scores from me

Tags: Add Tags