1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Kaspersky Internet Security 2010

Discussion in 'Software' started by cribcoch1, 12 Jul 2009.

1. cribcoch1

cribcoch1 Old Age is a Bitch

Just upgraded from KIS 9 to the new update KIS10.......what a big difference. Just hope it will be compatible with Windows 7 in the near future.

2. jbloggs

jbloggs What's a Dremel?

What are they, please?
    ________
    VAPORITE PRICE

Last edited: 20 Aug 2011
  3. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Seconded.

4. cribcoch1

Kaspersky Internet Security

5. greshoff

greshoff Minimodder

But whats is the BIG difference between KIS 9 and KIS10

6. Dazza007

Dazza007 What's a Dremel?

Come on answer the question, what is the big difference between them, I'm thinking of purchasing this item but not sure if the extra expense for 10 is worth it.

7. cribcoch1

So what's the new version of Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 got over its predecessor? Changes are fairly subtle but worthwhile.

The already quite well developed user interface has been given a lick of paint (still green paint though) and remains easy to use for such a complex product. Other changes include antivirus protection for instant messaging (IM) sessions and a URL Advisor to combat phishing and dodgy websites, plus a 'quiet' gaming profile.
    To run the ‘sandboxed' IE in Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 you have to click on its icon in KIS2010 and the virtualised version is denoted by a ghostly green outline to its window. While this is an interesting development, offering good protection against zero-day threats.

Kaspersky Internet Security 2010's anti-spam provision is a bit better too. Spam by default prompts you to deal with messages as they arrive rather than silently and automatically deal with them, as you might find in rival IS packages. As testing a review stated that they had over 4,900 emails in our honey-trap email account, this could be rather tedious. However, when I clicked Close, it then went on to automatically process spam mountain.
    Another thing I have noticed is that Outlook Express in slower opening as its seems to scan incoming emails quite thoroughly. All in all I am quite pleased, the latest version is a free update if you are running the old Kaspersky Internet Security.......and a little tip, buy the old version Version 9 as it is cheaper and then update!!

8. Paradigm Shifter

Does it still treat Steam.exe as a P2P worm?

9. cribcoch1

Parasdigm Shifter, download a free trial and see for yourself

10. Paradigm Shifter

Well, you were so keen to advertise it, so I merely asked.

I am, however, content with my current AV, considering my experience with KIS2009 being a poor one.