1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Apple iTablet due in November?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 3 Aug 2009.

1. crazyceo

crazyceo What's a Dremel?

My problem with Apple is the so called cool factor. I have the money to buy their product but refuse to based on their specification especially desktop(using laptop specs) and the incompatibility of it's OS.

I'm not knocking people who buy them but I'm a gamer so that's out the window straight away. I also run a business which if I kitted out the office using Apple hardware and software it would cost 3 times as much. I know that because I've priced it for someone else. Not only was the Apple rep surprised I was thinking about placing an order they then proceded to give me a ridiculous price which you would have to an idiot to have paid it.

On to this iTablet. You just know, to keep the price down (Well, down by their terms) they will use a much lower spec. Then the reduced OS rumoured above. Then it will probably be tired down to iTunes to play back any media which if we are being honest is not the best for playback.

With Dual Atoms out in a month or two and everyone looking to utilise touch screen technology. The new netbooks with Windows7 coming out will be a better alternative if this is the kind of thing you need to buy.

2. Bluepig

Bluepig What's a Dremel?

Hey Crazy,

I believe your 3x factor is generous in Apple's favor. When you consider the cost of the Mac Pro with a comparably equipped ASUS box, I believe you would be looking at a multiple of 4. My home systems are a 2.4 iMac and a 13" Aluminum 1st gen Macbook, as well as several Windows XP boxes, so I don't have a dog in this fight. My opinion is that the Apple hardware is generally better constructed then most of the competitors, but is it worth the premium, well that lay in the buyers court.

3. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

So it's a bigger iTouch?

4. crazyceo

Cool, Functionality or Commonsense?

I'm not doubting they look cool but at what cost and who gets to see it. So is it hefty price because of the polished aluminium or the gloss white finish? I think a few Custom designers here could do a better job and cheaper.

I'm a big fan of "Lie to me" the american tv show with Tim Roth in it. They have the iMac 24" flat screens on every desk. It looks good but I think it's a only in Hollywoodland thing.

The reason it was only 3X the price was I got quotes for branded hardware from Dell, HP and Apple. I think out of all of them the HP quote was the best value for money out of interest. I'm not here to blow their horn either.

5. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

Surely if you want a MacOS netbook then just get something like a Dell Mini 10 and hackintosh it... will be about 1/5 the price. I admit it'd not even touch the build quality of the Apple machine, but IMO netbooks are throw away machines which you're only gonna keep for a year or two before getting the latest model.

The technology in these machines is likely to move very fast (VIA/Intel (nano, pineview, CULV), NVidia ION[2], AMD?, SSDs - at a decent price/size, Windows7 & touch screen, higher resolution screens, etc etc) and they are at such a price point that you can afford to get a new one every 12 months. If the thing was going to cost the best part of a grand, I know I'd rather get a more capable machine that would last a little longer before it needs to be relagated to the scrap heap - let's face it, the current crop aren't even capable of playing back HD videos on YouTube!!

6. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

They also have the 30-inchers on the walls don't they?

7. Steve1980

Steve1980 What's a Dremel?

Can't wait to lay my hands on their toys again..Seriously, I have bought every of "Apple toys"..makes my day using them...CLASS

8. perplekks45

Did you miss the [sarcasm] tags?

9. crazyceo

Have they brought out the iDildo yet? Isn't that what he meant by "Apple toys"!

10. crazyceo

Forgot the iButtplug! or the iTesticlehandcuffs! or the iTwoPoundBlackRibbedNobbler!

11. perplekks45

You also forgot the iEdit button...

Tags: Add Tags