1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Corsair TX750W PSU

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 19 Feb 2008.

1. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

I wouldn't touch it because of the use of the 120mm fan which will leave dead spots. The only system I know of that needs 1000W is the intell duel quad core SLI/CROSSFIRE systems, but if you can afford one of those a high end psu is lose change.

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Nope.

OCZ still outfarm the ModXstream design which afaik hasn't changed since before they bought PCPC, but the new EliteXstream is based on a PCPC design. Other than that, even though OCZ owns PCPC it's still entirely separate entities when it comes to business.

3. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

Love my 520watt version, Truely Cosair have taken the PSU crown these days.

4. sandys

sandys Multimodder

One tip that may help some who may buy this, it does not like sitting off a UPS, my old PSU died so I bought this to replace it, but still could not get my machine to boot, thought that perhaps mobo had gone so picked up new board/chip and RAM as it was a 939 FX60 thought I'd bite the bullet and move to phenom, but arse, machine would still not boot.

Tested PSU on my mediaPC found out that it worked fine put it back on new machine no joy :mad: did a bit more research and found a quote on Xbitlabs (who do very comprehensive PSU reviews BTW) regarding this PSU stating that for loads over 360 odd the it won't work on UPS, so removed UPS and ta-da new system works, and so does my old one :oops: Oh well, nevermind, new system is nice and fast :D

Hopefully this post will help other aviod the frustrations I have had over the past few weeks.

5. Nomad_71

Nomad_71 What's a Dremel?

The Corsair 750 is quality, would easily recommend this power supply to anyone thinking of upgrading their rig.

6. garfy

garfy What's a Dremel?

i have this corsair tx 750 ,
    i7 940
    asus p6t deluxe v2
    also a fanless 4850graphic card, and a rheobus = for 4 noctua.

now i just ear the 750 x and the velociraptor.
    so: corsair tx 750 too much noise :(
    is it possible to change the intern fan ??

7. Sleepy Ben

Sleepy Ben What's a Dremel?

The review mentions a clear plastic shield that screws to the top of the fan and covers half the fan. The reviewer thinks it is designed to direct air flow and criticises the design - he is incorrect. The shield is there to stop the fan power wires from dropping down and touching the fan where it makes a lovely RAT - TAT - TAT noise.

Tags: Add Tags